Prologue: Trials of Despair under Hope (Layne)

I never really thought I could ever attend Hope's Peak Academy. But they gave me an Ultimate, so I suppose I am good enough.

Dressed in a brown suit with a skirt, red tie and black heels, stood me, a girl with green eyes and ginger hair that was up in a bun, only a bit of it drooping down infront of my face. My name is Layne Alvarez. Hope's Peak let me attend this school as the Ultimate Lawyer.

Standing infront of Hope's Peak is unbelieveable. It really brings a sense of pride to know that you're the best at what you do. And in a few seconds, I'd be in the school.

Smiling, I walked up to the door and opened it.

And took a step in.

And then everything went black.

When I woke up, I was in a classroom, at a desk with my head down. I groaned and looked around the classroom. There were huge metal plates on the walls, blocking something. I wonder why. There was also a video camera and a screen, for some reason. I also found a note on another desk that said, 'Come to the gym.' I couldn't find anything else, so I just walked out of the classroom.

Wandering around the halls, I saw that there was another classroom, sixteen bedrooms, bathrooms, a music room, a library, a kitchen, and a cafeteria. Eventually, I found a gym and entered it.

Inside, there was fifteen other people.

One spoke up, "Oh, a sixteenth person?"

Another yelled out, "Hello!!"

"Well, we all arrived here in a small amount of time, and sixteen is the amount normal classes have..." One boy said. "May we gather in a circle and introduce ourselves?" He asked.

"I-I don't have a problem with it..." Someone else said.

"Alright then, let's get in a circle." The boy said.

Once we were in a circle, the boy spoke again. "Hmm... Alright. We'll go around the circle and introduce ourselves, our talents, and anything extra we want to say." He pointed to me. "How about you start first?"

"Oh, okay." I said. "I'm Layne Alvarez, the Ultimate Lawyer. That's all."

The boy to my right, who had brown eyes, tan skin and long brown hair that was up in a bun, and wore a gray hoodie and brown leggings, spoke up. "My name's Chouko Aki. I'm the Ultimate Sketcher, I guess. I like to draw stuff." He said.

The next girl had long, orange hair and blue eyes, and wore a light blue shirt and a purple skirt, long black socks and blue shoes. "...I'm Anya Mitsuke." She said. "I'm the Ultimate Lucky Student... Nothing special about me."

The next person was a boy with black hair and green eyes. He wore a green suit that people like house painters or builders might wear, along with black boots and black gloves. He also carried a shovel on his back. "Hey. I'm Shingen Nakasato. I'm the fuckin' Ultimate Landscaper." He said.

The next boy was another red head with blue eyes, and wore glasses, a blue long sleeve shirt, black pants and black shoes. "Uhhh.... Hey. I'm... uh, Hanae Riko. I-I'm the Ultimate Toy Maker. Nice to meet you all!" He said.

The next was a boy with light blonde hair and light green eyes, wearing a blue jacket, a grey undershirt, black sweatpants and black tennis shoes, as well as a black choker with a tiny bell on the front of it, and a black string necklace, with a metal zero on the end of it. "My name is Roy Zero! I am known as the Ultimate Entertainer, if you know what I mean." He winked and smiled. "Haha... I'm bisexual, by the way, just so you know."