Chapter 4: Lies that Spread from Loss of Friends- Post Trial (Azura)

"Azura!" Atsuki yelled, and ran to me, and hugged me, and Layne in my arms.

I smiled and let her hug me, unable to hug back from my arms carrying Layne.

I didn't think I would just... React like that again. I guess it's just natural now... But at least I saved Layne. I couldn't let her die... And I guess not voting couldn't prevent a false execution from happening.

"What the hell?! You destroyed my execution! You interfered! That's against the rules!" Monokuma yelled at me.

"There isn't a rule against what he did, Monokuma." Roy stated.

"But he still broke the-!" Monokuma started.

"I've chosen already to protect Layne and Atsuki with my life, Monokuma." I interrupted him. "It's my personal request to the Ultimate Guardian."

"Fshshshshshsh!" Monokuma... growled? I don't know what to make from him. But he was angry.

"You interfered with the execution! I don't care if that wasn't a rule, but it's not allowed! So I'm just going to have to execute you both!" Monokuma yelled.

"Enough." Roy said firmly. "Monokuma, stop trying to carry on your unfair trial. You already had one person who didn't kill anyone executed. You don't need another person executed because we didn't have time to investigate this murder... And your quick pacing of the trial."

"What are you saying?" Monokuma asked.

"I want a new investigation." Roy responded. "I want you to give us time... And unlock every door, every room. I want to see this game ended."

"...I want this to be the final trial. No tricks, no lies. Only the truth." Roy said. He looked more serious than ever.

"...No way, José! I'm not just doing a re-investigation for your salty ass-" Monokuma started.

Jack cut him off. "I want a retrial and fairer investigation as well. I got no time to investigate, and I want to use this final trial to find and expose the mastermind, once and for all!" Jack yelled. He was finally being serious too.

"You're gonna need more than two lousy idiots like you two to-" Monokuma started.

He was cut off again by Ren. "I want another investigation as well."

"Yeah, me too!" Atsuki yelled out.

"Four isn't enough either!" Monokuma yelled.

"That's enough, Monokuma."

Layne had gotten out of my arms and stood herself up, though holding one of her arms. She was serious, yet injured.

"I didn't kill anyone. We deserve a new investigation that's fair to show the truth behind all of this." Layne said.

"Yeah." I said. "I won't believe your verdict, Monokuma. It's bullshit for sure. That's why we need a new investigation."

"I guess... I want a retrial too... If everyone else does. Maybe it'll help us out more..." Chouko said.

"Grrrr... Fine! I'll give you losers your stupid revamped investigation and trial to stop your complaining! I'll even unlock all the doors like you want!" Monokuma said with an angry expression, and disappeared.

"Thank you, everyone." Layne said. After she said that, Atsuki hugged her, crying. It must have terrified her to see her almost die like that...

"Let's go then." I said.

Everyone nodded, though Jack and Roy with serious expressions, and we all got in the elevator.

Once we got back to the first floor from the elevator, we all stepped out and everyone scattered... Atsuki, Layne and I stuck together.

It's time... One final investigation.

The investigation to find the mastermind... And end this once and for all!

Chapter 4
Lies that Spread from Loss of Friends
-END-

7/16 Students Remain