Bella

This is the story of my friend, Bella.

To start off, Bella's family is crud. When Bella was a baby, her biological father tried to kill her and her mom. Her biological father shoplifts, drinks, all this bad stuff. When she was five, Bella decided to give her dad another chance, but he got drunk. With the bottle he was drinking from, he threw it at Bella and it shattered.

A few years later, her mom remarries, and this dad is away for six months at a time, coming home every six months for a week and a half(now it's better, it's only three months).

During this time, Bella's younger brother dies, Bella's older brother is sexually abusing her, and her mom is talking trash to Bella each day. When Bella finally goes forward to her school teachers about it, child protection services takes her away from her family, puts her in a psychological hospital(for trying to kill herself through pill overdose and self-harm), then puts her in foster care for a year.

Once her older brother moves out of the house, she is replaced back in her home, with daily fights from her mom. Finally, Bella meets me and her boyfriend, Collier. Collier is the only one who treats Bella decently(besides me and the church she goes to).

One day in December, when we have a practice for the group I'm in with her, she's missing. Bella is usually there every practice(to give you an idea of how serious this is). That week she was in a psychological hospital for trying to commit suicide(pill overdose). It's easy for her to overdose on pills, because she's been taking about 12 pills a day since she was five(for depression, anxiety, etc.). Now, Bella understands she has friends who care for her and love her for who she is.

💬ReadWriteInspiration💬
Honestly, hearing this for the first time, I was like "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?" and "How do you live with this?" the entire time. I hate that any child would have to go through with suicidal thoughts, suicide attempts, biological parent drama, sexual abuse,  and family separation(as terrible as her family was, she was only eight). Today, she has officially gone self-harm free for four months(if you don't count pill overdose in December).