Invisible

This is the story of Invisible. They have wished to use this name and remain semi-anonymous, please respect that. Thanks. :)

I'm the girl who is your first reader, the silent reader. I never comment, I never vote, I just read. People want me to comment and vote, but I can't. I'm too afraid of what others will think of me.

After all, I was judged in 4th grade for wearing hearing aides and glasses. The thing I want most is to be invisible in those moments. Now that I'm home schooled, I want nothing more than to be visible to someone. Everyone just passes me by. If I commented, if I voted, would you notice me? Would you say "Oh, Invisible, thanks so much for your support! I really see you now!" Or would you just celebrate in silence behind the screen and never let me know I mattered?

People don't understand me. They always say "Oh, yeah, I can totally relate to that.", or "I can kind of relate to that." Or they just don't care. I need someone who doesn't understand, or tries to understand, I just need someone to be there to catch my tears.

If someone asked you to do that, would you do it? Or just let it be awkward and walk away?

I guess I'll know now, by your response.

💬ReadWriteInspiration💬
Wow, Invisible. That is a lot to take in. I hope that one day you can see the rest of us as people here for you, who care about your vote and comment. I encourage you to come out of a silent shell, and find your place with people. If that's just too hard, I understand. But we're always here. :)