T_G_S

This is the story of T_G_S. They have wished to use this name and remain semi-anonymous, please respect that. Thanks. :)

My best friend and I have known each other since kindergarten. We're both relatively the same, both having depression, anxiety, etc. One day, after her parents divorced, she came over to spend the day with me. By then, I had been through three deaths in my family, diagnosed with OCD, depression, anxiety, and insomnia. She told me the real reason they had gotten divorced, and even though I hadn't gone through the experience, I knew what the feeling was like. By now school had caught up with at least six homework assignments a day, plus math tests every six days and writing short stories.

A year later, I discovered a real knack for writing, and I started taking a writing class. That was also when I discovered Wattpad. Here was a place nobody knew me, a place where I could be anyone I wanted. I started with a mermaid story, then ditched it three chapters later. Then a school one, following the same pattern. Story after story I deleted, and depression caught up with me. I knew I would never be good enough for anyone. After a month of anxiety attacks, I went back onto Wattpad and found a beautiful book about handling depression. And that book inspired me to add a little bit of myself into each of the characters I created. I knew I would never be perfect, but I would be good enough for now.

💬ReadWriteInspiration💬
WOW. T_G_S, first of all, nobody should have to go through all of that. You are perfect at one thing, though. Being yourself. The perfection of being yourself is something nobody can take away from you. When you write, be yourself, and never consider yourself 'good enough'. You are more than good enough. You are perfect as you are.  Here's another tip: this is over said but I'm saying it again. Write for yourself. Don't write to please others, it sucks the fun out of it and stresses you out. Lastly, I know I'm here for you, and I'm sure others are too.