two

finn

i saw that noah kid in the halls. he slung his bag over his shoulder. he looked as if he were about the leave. i mean, it's friday.

i ran to him. "wait, noah!" when he bumped into me, he dropped his phone.

he was already half way walking to his bus. it wouldn't hurt to look through his phone. who knew? maybe i would find his mom and call her to give his phone back.

i clicked his notes. maybe there was some contact information? but the first thing i saw was a secret diary entry.

there's this kid at my school. his name is finn. he's pretty popular, and real cute. i think he's honestly adorable. i hope he likes me :)

i gasped. me finn? well i mean, there's no other finn. so yeah, me finn.

and wait. he's gay? i scrolled down in his notes. just a lot of personal things. wow, i guess he is gay.

his photos consist of him and millie brown. i've heard of her, she's known for being one of the only openly lgbt kids in this school.

millie must be his friend. i haven't seen him hanging around anyone else, so o guess she's his only friend.

i entered my bus. i spotted noah. i never would've thought he rode my bus.

i sat in the seat next to him. now that i know he kinda likes me, it's kinda weird, but i still don't know how to think about it.

"here's your phone. you dropped it on the way out of ms. dyer's class." he smiled at me, and accepted the item.

"oh by the way, i know you kinda like me." i blankly told him. his eyes widened, looking away.

his eyes were watering up and he looked as if he were about to burst out into tears.

i handed him a slip of paper with my phone number on it, exiting the bus.

i don't know if i like him, i mean, i'm straight. and if i were gay, my mom would probably disown me.

i still didn't know how i felt about this little gay boy known as noah schnapp.

update after 3-4 years: what the fuck is that last line that is so fucking cringe