six

finn

noah glanced at his feet and blushed. i smiled at him, dangling my feet from his bed.

"some day, we'll be away from the bullies, and your fairytale will come true." i said, softly, grabbing his hand.

he squeezed my hand lightly, showing that he heard me. i saw him smile, even though he was looking down.

"finn, just-" he kissed me, lightly. suddenly, we heard the door open.

"NOAH SCHNAPP."

noah's eyes widened and his body went stiff. it was his mom. my face turned a tomato red.

"so, noah, you've been kissing boys and didn't tell me?" his mom kind of smiled, even though we could both tell she was mad.

"yeah... this is my b-boyfriend. finn." he blushed profusely, and half smiled.

i waved, glaring down at my feet. this was honestly so awkward.

"well, hello, finn! nice to meet you!" i shook her hand. she seemed to be insanely calm about this, and frankly, it was scaring me.

"i'll get you boys a snack," she led us downstairs and pointed at seats open at the table. "we have soda!"

noah looked at me, with his face a tomato red.

sorry. he mouthed the word.

i shook my head. he can't apologize for his mom's actions. it wasn't like he was causing the silence.

"oh! my little schnipper has a boyfriend!"