Chapter 2: The Great Sea

"It appears our guest has awoken

"It appears our guest has awoken..." Kelnmock's ears picked up the hush voice to his left, this confirming he was yet to be alone.

"Only half way it seems, still I suppose now is as good as time as any." Another approached with heavy boots, "well boy! Wake up!"

"What... Happened?" Kelnmock forced himself to at least lean upward, finding himself in a small wood cabin, a window behind dancing with the rock of the waves and the noise of harsh wind and sails coming to mind within moments of his gaining awareness. However, the two which he had listen speak remained hidden my thick and dark green cloaks, black mixed in the pattern, boots of strange leather.

"You know the answer to this--for this reason I shall not waste breath answering your question." The thicker of the two strangers took a step in the lighting, his hood falling along his shoulders so the wooden texture of his skin could hit the muggy air.

"I mean to ask how did I get here... Last I remember-" he was interrupted by the other to his right; though, this one remained hidden in shadow.

"Our men picked your body from the streets just as the main forces of the Shadow Army breached the docks. You were unconscious due to blood loss." The man spoke softly so that Kelnmock could only just hear the explanation, and in hearing the end his arm instinctively shot to his shoulder-wrapped with white cloth and clear of pain.

"I understand. Is this on of Admiral Falkrien's ships then?" He asked, surprised to hear the answer.

"No, sadly most of his ships were lost to the flames of the beats." This voice was the deeper one, "This is what is the 'home' of the order known as the Greywoods."

"The what?"

"Greywoods. We're a new order of warriors. However as to that matter we can discuss when we reach Dawnbreak. For now we have but one question for you." The masked one shook his head.

"That being?" Kelnmock rose an eyebrow as well.

"Your rank is Master Sergeant is it not? We'd like to know the full... Status on this war."

Kelnmock hadn't considered such as request as possible to be brought to mind, setting in a long pause of puzzling thought. "I don't understand."

"You're ranking in the Dunmeck must have given you knowledge as to how the war has been raging: enemy positions, camps, plans and reports on other quarrels?" The one still in the dark stepped forward with emphasis.

"You mean you wish to know everything you can on the Shadow Army? I'm afraid I know very little." He sighed once more, standing now.

"Any information that may add in their defeat will do." The wood elf pushed, "please."

"And what of the remaining ships?" Kelnmock paced to the door, one eye peering back at the waves.

"What made it appears to be sailing east toward Skylord. Now please we need what information we can get."