Chapter 5: The Voyage

"What on earth where you all doing aboard those hell holes?" A officer beside the admiral rose an eyebrow as the last of the men were hosted upward, his narrow face particularly set on Balphamire, the only elf

"Calm yourself Commander, you may return to your duties," the general interrupted, "You wouldn't happen to be Balphamire?" He now went over to shake hands, a bright smile on his faces as the survivors, Kelnmock included, stepped back with shock.

"That would be correct, but how would you know that?" He returned.

"My men were not far behind your ship when it came under attack. We meant to assist as soon as we could but unfortunately the rest of our fleet was still a couple of miles out." He frowned now, walking over the rail to watch the last of the fog lift and the flames wash away in the water. "We're lucky this was only a few scout ships, the majority of their fleet appears to be swinging westward."

"Darksea..." Kelnmock recognized the direction, whisper hushly so his voice was only hardly pick up.

"That would be a reasonable assumption yes." The admiral had apparently hears the word. "Very tragic loss..." He added a sigh.

"General, if you don't mind me asking but where are we head?" Kyplore brought the question up just as the others were beginning to make their way around the deck, the sailors of the ship rushing back to the sails.

"Kindsvil," the answer shot out with little hesitation, "What's left of our ships shall meet the Second Fleet their."

Balphamire came in before Kyplore could continue, "Kindsvil? Skylord territory?"

"Affirmative, the Shadow Army, as they are now being called, has taken almost all of our eastern docks. The king has ordered us to gain their support to assist in reclaiming this land before their forces can march on Falkrien." He nodded, quickly gesturing the three that remained nearby to follow him to the cabin. "We should arrive within a week or so, that is if the winds continue to blow in our favor."

"But sir, what of the Alstrain's? If we move to request men from Skylord would they not take that as us declaring a side in their meaningless war?" Balphamire respectfully wondered, being the last to move into the red lit room.

"Damn the dwarves, if we don't get immediate support there wouldn't be anything left to declare any side." His breath began to trail, "What of you order? I do hope the five of you aren't what's left..."

"Four, four of us. This man here is actually part of your forces," Balphamire corrected before answering. "And in terms of the Greywoods, no, the rest of our members are headed to Kindsvil as we speak."

"It seems our forces had similar ideas then..." He noted, then turning to Kelnmock, "So you were part of the retreat at Darksea I can assume?"

Kelnmock shot to attention, nerves spiking as he crackled out, "Yes sir, Staff Sergeant Kelnmock, Fifth Infantry Division." Relaxing his shoulders and returning eye contact he added, "I was the only one of my company who made it by the best of my knowledge."