Chapter-3

Misha

Misha

My heartbeat raised. My eyes were enormous. I had no idea what he was going to say. I tried to stay calm. Was this something he was hiding from me?

My phone suddenly ran out of charge. So I charged it instantly . Suddenly Muskan called on landline on a exact time so I went to receive the call. It was about a party she and Siya recently went to. I was also invited but I didn't have much interest going there. My mind diverted with the conversation taking place.

After completing the call I could hear a noise in the backyard. The landline was in the dinning room or I could say living room. It made into a hall. I come adjacent to the window and opened the curtains. It felt liked someone escaped from the walls.  I begun to sweat. Who was this? My Parents weren't home today too and I hated that.

My aunt was ill and it was soothing to know that they went there daily to take care of her but I all alone had literally no idea about what was going on. I   came up again to see that it had some charge but I still stood there and switched on it. If I would hear any sound again. I would call the police. I placed my mobile on the side desk to check if I door was locked. Thank god, it was. From back door to window. I glanced at all of them.

Why aren't you reply

Are you still there?

And when I came online he messaged me "Hey" straight away. This clearly indicated that he always kept an eye on when I was coming online.

Tripti

What's it?

Prateek

I just wanted to say that I like you a lot. We are flirtling with each other for a long time now. Maybe we could be a thing.

I gasped. He said exactly what I wanted to hear. This situation was going on a right direction but I was afraid. Sad because he was saying this words to Tripti. Happy because I was the one reading them.

Tripti

I guess it's okay but we can't be anything seriously.

Prateek

I never talked about anything. I just said I love you.

Tripti

There is a fine line between liking or loving someone.

Prateek

I'll meet you there.

Tripti

Enough. I love you too.

Prateek

Did you ever liked someone?

After this question my mind started processing a lot of old feelings. I never loved someone. Sure, I had a 'crush' on many people. It wasn't like I-can't-live-without-you type of thing. But he was talking with Tripti. I couldn't make up anymore stories, A 'single' was the best tag for her. But I had to make her believable at the same time. A spoiled brat with a rich father wasn't a washed in milk girl and maybe hooked up with someone atleast once in her lifetime.

Tripti

No relationships. Just had some fun. You?

Prateek

Nope but falling for you now.

The point was illogical. I casually accepted just like I made the account. I signed up for time pass, not falling for someone. Now our chats got more submarine. Though the concept was still the same.

Messages: 10/12/15 12:30 AM

Prateek

Miss you a lot.

Tripti

Oh, so what can I do?

Prateek

Come closer ;)

Tripti

We have talked a lot about this *hit. Let me sleep now. Good night!

Prateek

Wait !  I have something important to say..!

Tripti

This is your daily rountine. Please stop saying you have something important when actually don't.

Prateek

Where do you live in mumbai ?

First, I didn't know any of the places in mumbai so I had no idea about it even though I went there because of some family ocassions. Nothing more than that. Second, I couldn't tell him because Tripti didn't exist. Maybe I had to make something up this time to.

Tripti

Why you asking?

Prateek

I'm coming there for an urgent work tomorrow and maybe we could meet in the nearest cafe or a restaurant?

This was the golden time. I felt enthuastic. For a moment, I acted like a little girl who made mistakes. I made a plan on my mind. To search for good places to meet in mumbai. Go to mumbai. Talk face to face and confess the truth. But at the same time, it was actually more tough. Telling the truth through texting was much more accessible. But I didn't want to miss the chance of meeting him. What if he doesn't come to mumbai again.

Tripti

When are so coming?

Prateek

I'm in train now, probably in the morning. By the way I'll stay there for a day.

Tripti

Good to hear.

Prateek

Text me the place and time.

Trust me, I bet meeting me would be something you would die for ;)

I started packing up my suitcase. Kept the most fashionable clothes I had. Deciding on which dress to wear, I lost my mind. Looking good wasn't everything for me but I wanted to make  first impression that would be memoriable.

Going through some pages on justdial I finally found a cafe that seemed great. I texted him the location. I started daydreaming about the things that could happen.

The bad. The good. Ofcourse and the worst. This sudden approach towards mumbai was quite questionable. He never described anything in full detail. I didn't asked because I might get caught and I wasn't always in the mood of making stories.

The moment and everything was getting fervent. Messages from say hello would distract me and they were annoying so I decided to uninstall it. Maybe tomorrow we could start talking. End of lieing, start of smiling.

I tapped my fingers in settings and went to 'apps' option. I accidentally tapped on the running apps option. I was about to exist but I noticed camera was there too. Surprising enough. I didn't open camera for a few days. Not even by chance. It puzzled me of how the app was running in background. I rebotted my phone.  Maybe a virus or something.