Chapter- 9

Misha

I droplets fell the leaves as I watered the plants in Muskan's house. She called me at night to come over. She was startled at the thought of being alone. I couldn't judge we all have our different types of fears. That evening came into my head. When somebody tried to enter our house. I was alone, terrified. I never wanted anybody else to feel that way.

I decided to help her with some daily activities. Muskan was busy with talking with her special one on phone. Watering the plants was one of them which was a refreshing one. It was tiny in size but beautiful. With small green grass and a set of flowers like roses, tulips and sunflowers.

"Misha, thanks for staying last night." Muskan bit her lower lip.

I simply nodded.

"Actually, Vivaan will stay will me now. " She blushed.

"Oh, your boyfriend?" I replied.

"Yes" She continued.

Vivaan was her new boyfriend. I was maybe a season of making 'life partners' since every person I meet was in a relationship. Where the lonely hearts club squad went? Except Siya. She was the perfect example of relationships aren't my thing. Siya was out of station. I wanted to travel too. It would bring a bit change and a refressment for mind but I didn't join because I knew that I needed to clearify the matter but it seemed endless.

I came back to room to leave. I checked on my nofications. The first one I checked on was Prateek's message. After that arguement he still had the guts to message me.

I drove slowly towards my place. I became more observant now. I would notice more details about everywhere. I kept an eye on every person. I would help me for driving too and to understand if I could find something, any clue. I started acting like an detective.

Prateek

Please give me a chance.

Misha

Why do you want that?

Prateek

Dimple is lier. Don't believe her.

Misha

Better than believing in me.

Prateek

She is just brainwashing. I want to reveal something important but for that I think It would be better to talk face to face.

Misha

Want to meet

Prateek

Yes, Geogre restaurant. Tommorow at 9:00 PM.

Meeting him wasn't a good idea and after hearing 'he is dangerous' it was worse. The curiousity was enslaving. Was rishabh wrong or it was Dimple or Prateek? If he loved her why was he blaming her. Too many questions . I was a bad , living example of a hyprocrite.

The next evening,

Prateek

Please sit on the table that was of red colour, all the other tables are yellow

Misha

That's childish. Why does it matter in which table I sit?

Prateek

It does matter.

Misha

What if it is already taken

Prateek

It wouldn't be

I wore a lace dress and wore bubblegum pink lipstick. I reached George restaurant on time,near 9:00 PM. I had never been to this restaurant. I have heared it was costly. I came here with the help of map. I pulled the gate and shivered with the annoying over the top air conditioner.

I saw that the sit of the red table which was in the front was empty. I sat on it as he wished. I crossed my hands. Sometimes pretend to check my mobile, Looked at the dim lights in the ceiling and acted to check the menu. The sky rocking prices made me come back to senses. 15 minutes passed and still he didn't came. The restaurant was like life. People came and go. Some passed by. Some enjoyed but some didn't.

My heartbeat raised at the thought that I will meet him but knewing him for a year but even it all was end.Still I felt there was a reason that everything will be fine again.At the same time I felt he was dangerous but the fact that was calming me was that he called me in a public place if he had bad intentions he could have called me in his house. Why was I thinking like this? Prateek was probably just lied because he didn't want to meet me and that was because he causally just like I did.

For a movement, I forgot how rudely he ignored me and how he chat with me that day, Rishabh's words. I started remembering all times I talked with him as Tripti. When I acted like a naughty and desperate girl and his cheesy dialogues.

"Madam!"

Maybe I should have never told him the truth and lived in this eternal lie.

"Madam!"

Guess what I was just a coward who couldn't  handle the truth.

"Madam!!"

The waiter screamed this time and made people turn back there shoulders and look at me, Awkwardly.

"A-m so so-rry. I wasn't paying attention." I said while looked down.

"I'm sorry for screaming but I was calling you but you weren't listening to me. You are siting here here for nearing 40 mins. I hope you order something ." He said with a feeling of guilt in his voice.

I didn't ate dinner.How could I express that I wasn't rich enough to fulfill my appetite there . I took the menu card and pretended that I was just trying to get something. A piece of paper fall down from it. I stood up.

"Actually I was waiting for someone but he will not come so maybe next time." I faked a smile and tried to came out at the speed of light.

"I will never step anywhere near this place  I said in my mind while I came out.

I walked a little far and sat near a chaiwala's shop. The street lights were helping to read me that note. I was able to read "Dear Misha" so I knew this was written for me. I took the local bus to reach home because he was probably not coming. As I entered my apartment and immediately without even changing my clothes laid my eyes upon it.