Chapter -11

Misha

I added a bit more sugar in my tea. Perfect. My car was sunk and needed to be fixed. I took two days off which wasn't my plan before but now I was preparing on finding Nikhil Verma. He was the only hope now. Knowing his address wouldn't be troublesome but getting inside would be since he didn't knew me. They probably had security guards and bodyguards there.

While my head drowning in thoughts, I stretched my arms and as I steeped on the floor. I yawned. Someone was calling me. I rubbed my eyes and the phone screen became more visible. Mom, it was.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Yes. The thing is It's Utkarsh, your cousin's weeding in a week." She said in a deep voice.

"Yes, What about that?" I pretended to remember even though I forgot or maybe I never knew him. I wanted to stop any useless drama so I just feigned. Lieing became more normal to me. To be said and to be heared too.

"The thing is we have to attend another weeding which is even for important. Can you go to mumbai and join the reception? That would a lot." She explained.

"Ofcourse ma, I would love to." It seemed like Mom had the intend to make my work easier.

The Next morning, I reached mumbai on time. The bus journey was exhausting. I know, there were daily passengers who traveled daily but I wasn't one of them. Never imagine the things you don't have to face.

I stood in front of the bus stop. The road in front was busy as usual with huge cars, local buses and rickshaws. I remained with my hands crossed in front of a tea shop and suddenly noticed a group of men staring at me when they were planning to eat me.

I walked aside and sat on the waiting room. According to what I was instructed by my mom, I had to reach the reception before 9:00 PM. Since, everyone would be busy or occupied there, I could get bored at day. She already advised me to roam around the city 'safetly' and eat out but 'cheaply'.

I glanced around again to see who would be preferable to ask. A driver came near me to ask if I wanted to go somewhere.

"Oh, yes I want to go to Nikhils verma's house. Can you take me there." My eyelids shortened due to the run rays falling at me.

"Yes ofcourse." He said and I followed him to and took a seat in the rickshaw.

I glanced outside. The buildings leaving behind. We stopped in front of a mansion, a huge mansion. After payment, I stepped forward to the main gate. Confused, but tried to hide it. I was sure he knew Prateek.

"What do you want?" He asked.

"Please enter me enter. I want to meet Nikhil Verma."

"But I don't know you, how can you be trusted?" He exclaimed.

"That's why I should be trusted because you don't know me." I sarcastically said and took out two 500 rupee notes. I winked. "As the truth is expensive." I said to myself.

I moved along on feet between lots of cherry blossom trees. There were many white marble pillars leading to the entrance, and a large wooden double door, pointed at the top. Silver knockers on the door. A swimming pool on the left side. The bright blue sky matched with the beauty of the place. If I was allowed, I'd take a picture of it.

There were many white marble pillars leading to the entrance, and a large wooden double door, pointed at the top. Silver knockers on the door. A long pool around the walkway leading to the entrance. Lots of cherry blossom trees in the yard.

I tried to keep my  face neutral so I didn't seem suspicious. I knocked on the door with my chin up. A women opened the door. Her appearance was indicating that was one of the maids there.

"Who do you want to meet?" She asked politely monitoring me from up to down.

"I want to meet Nikhil." I answered with a light smile in my face.

"OK I'm calling him,Please sit down on the sofa ." She said and went upstairs.

I sat down.There was Marble/tile floor. No doors, but archways instead There were long hallway leading to the courtyard, followed by just about the longest spiral staircase imaginable. Filled with mosaics on the walls, and ornate Russ and/or carved statues.

It was somewhat new to me.

Then, my vision shifted to the guy who was coming down stairs. He had a athletic square jaw face with a bowl hair cut. He observed me with his deep set gentle light brown eyes. He was wearing a formal outfit.

I stood up and he looked at me. I felt awkward. I had no idea about what to say so I waited for him to start a conversation. He almost reached the ground floor and asked "Don't get me wrong but I don't think I remember you?".

"Umm… I'm Misha and it was kind important to meet you..Do you know Dimple?" I clumsily stood there.

"Ofcourse, she is my fiance." Nikhil answered.

A while ago he was just a 'crush' and became directly fiance. Wow. I never saw any engagement ring on her fingers. Why would she lie on this too..

Before I could say anything I heared Dimple. "A- Actually she came to meet me." Saying this she grabbed my hand and I had to follow her. "But-" I whispered.

I ended up in a room. She locked the door.  I stood there catching my breath. Dimple turned on the lights due to the lack of light there the windows were closed. I sat on the floor and she came closer and whispered "I'll pay you. Keep your mouth shut." She seized my hairs.

"So what.. I'm not a gold digger. I may not be rich enough but I wouldn't be quite!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

At the moment, I heared Nikhil's voice "Is everything okay.. I've got a lot of work. I'm leaving."

"Yes, Nikhil you can go." I said while looking at me. I heared faint footsteps.

"Shh.. be quite. You don't have any proff. Do you think he will believe you?" She stood up.

"I have the chats. Prateek blames you." I slapped her turning her tanned checks into red.

"Only with you, not with me!" She yelled.

"Fine.. I will tell you everything but please don't reveal anything to Nikhil. We are getting married in 5 months." She said with tears in her eyes.

I noticed the engagement ring. She wasn't wearing it when we meet. Was our meeting done on purpose?