Chapter- 8

Misha

Misha

I rubbed my eyes and pitched myself. Was I dreaming or it was sick joke? I opened the text and it was actually from Prateek. I couldn't what to say and what not. So many bottled up emotions were coming out. It was just 2 letters. 'Hi'. After 11 months he remembered. I got up in a sitting position and turned on the lights. "This is going to be a long night." I said to myself.

Misha

Has the sun risen from west or something?

Prateek

Okay, so say..

Misha

Wow. Claps , please.

Prateek

I was just busy. Don't get mad at me.

Misha

What the f*** is wrong with you? But good now you are showing your true colours. You were busy for a whole damn year! Do you think I'm a fool?

Prateek

Okay let me explain

Misha

Explaination? I don't need!
Our so called relationship! That has already ended or I can say never started. Not because of you but me. I lied, my mistake. Okay. But what are you hidding from me?

Prateek

I'm not hiding anything from you! Atleast now you are accepting that you lied.

Misha

So when was I saying that I didn't lie ! You are just changing the topic

Prateek

I'm not changing the topic, I'm just bringing up the main topic

Misha

Then why you acted so sweet! Can't you become a bit more straightforward! You could have just told that it's the end , the moment I told you I was Misha, not Tripti

Prateek

Okay, my mistake

Misha

And yes, you are changing what you said from time to time. At first you were busy and now It's my fault. Wow. Nyc

Prateek

Okay now I think now I should have ignored you all my life.

Misha

It wouldn't take anything from me. I'm a lot happier without you.

Rishabh's words were roaming in my head. "He is dangerous." "He is lunatic heart." Was I falling myself into any bigger trouble. Was I unsafe. I didn't check the message he send. I felt afraid. So many thoughts were chilling me to the bone. I went to balcony. To look down. It was giving me anxiety. I shouldn't have argued with him. He was dangerous and how, I needed to know that. Until then, I needed to safe.

Next morning, I woke up and eye bags under my eyes. No sleep. Not taking about reddit though. I followed my daily morning routine. I wore a teal floral dress and did a messy bun with my hairs. Wore cherry red lipstick and left for workshop.

While leaving, Muskan called me behind. "Any plans for today".

"Nothing much, just chilling at home." I blinked.

"Can I come over?" She pouted.

"Next time, I guess." I gave a half smile.

I decided to directly drive to the address. I felt exhausted but not enough to life in a lie. The roads seemed never ending. The place was somewhere I never went. The roads became narrower. I stopped it front of a old house.

It was very tiny in size. There was no yard or garden in front of it. Not even an inch extra place for weeds to grow. I knocked on the door. I heared faint footsteps as if someone was coming bare foot. The door opened with Dimple standing in front of me. "Come with me." She said and I followed her. She asked me to sit with her in bed. I sat and stared at the room. There were few furtinures. A bed, a table and a wardorbe.

It seemed more atypical since she mentioned of studying in a college. More odd? The house was outside of the town. Logically speaking, it would be more obvious if she lived in a house near education institutions. Rishabh's words were still circulating in my mind.

There was an eccentric silence that made me distressed. I wanted Dimple to say something something first so I remained silent. While I looked at her she seemed to be somewhat tensed. I knew was something that she was going to tell me and was trying to find the right words....maybe? I decided to speak first. "You know Prateek?"

"Yes, but why are you so interested about him?" She pressed the lips together.

I came here with a mission. So I decided to put the truth and the lie in a blender and say something. "I know someone with the same name."

"Well, This is a long story." She took long breaths.

"I love long stories." I gazed at her.

"I meet him at my college. He forced me to stay in this relationship. The truth is I liked another who lives in mumbai. Nikhil Verma, we both work in a nightclub too." She gasped.

The movement I heared this I couldn't figure out what was happening. I felt speechless. It was only some words. I lost my mind. He lied to me. Not just one lie . So many lies? I thought I had done all the wrong. But now, I knew he didn't bath in milk either. Even there was something worse then this hidden. That meant he lived in pune only. Somewhere near me. Dimple was his girlfriend.

"It's been 2 years." Her eyes widened.

That meant it was before I met him in that app. So he just wanted to time pass or was there something more to hear?

"What is lunatic heart, then?" I asked.

"Well, I don't know much about it. I guess you should talk to him. I know you two were in a relationship." I glanced up to the ceiling.

I looked down because I felt uncomfortable. She knew but acted like didn't.

I like another guy and his name is Nikhil.I don't know if he feels the same for me but how can he as I'm already in a so called relationship.That night I was fighting with him about this and he told me that Nikhil isn't right for me.So I was feeling damn depressed.Remember when I was drunk I took a Selfie with you?It wasn't that good but atleast we were recognisable. He saw your picture and seemed nervous. So I checked his phone that I never used to do,and found his and your messages and came to know about this. It was recently. "Dimple explained.

"Does he know that you checked the messages." I asked as why knew half when you can know it all.

"He doesn't." She said and got busy with her phone.

I left without saying a goodbye. I didn't need explanations for him. I understood everything. I wasn't feeling melancholic. I was not serious when I started this then why should I become a crybaby at the ending. I at least hoped this is the ending.