Chapter-13

Dimple

Dimple

"Money isn't everything but it, for sure is something." He remarked. Those few words hit me hard and made me think.

"You can work here too as a cashier. There is vacancy." He said after taking a deep breath.

"I would be so grateful for that!" I said while he probably wasn't paying attention.

My phone rang and it was my mother. I picked it up and went a little further from there as it was becoming hard to hear lucidly. I came back to lay eyes on Prateek and a quite handsome boy discussing together. They both looked at me. It made me feel oafish.

"There, she is!" Prateek said while pointing at me.

"Hey, nice to meet you! I'm Nikhil Verma. Owner of this nightclub and a buisness man." The guy said.

"More like a son of a big buisness man." Prateek added.

I simply nooded and giggled. Prateek probably have told about me. From the corner of the eye I noticed Nikhil looking at me. While they both engaged in a conversation. Eventually Nikhil relinquished.

Prateek without taking querying me went to the bartender and ordered beer. After sometime we got a bottle full of beer. Prateek poured both of our glasses. The taste was bitter. I'd love to hate it.

"Thats enough for today." He remarked after just 1 glass. Man, was he just kidding? He didn't seem to be a guy who would quit after just one glass of beer.

"Are you sure?" I said as I didn't wanted to overacted.

"The evil ones don't drink too much, they don't wanna drink enough to lose control and spit all their sins out." He spoked while paying the bill.

"Ah... that's deep. Even though I have do idea how you think of yourself as 'evil'" I said while pouring another glass.

"We are all strange creatures. We don't show what we wanna show to others." He said.

This time, I wasn't in state of replying to him. After some glasses, my head started spinning. I felt out of control. I wasn't aware of what I was feeling.

The glittering sun rays fell on my closed eyelids forcing me to tumble out of bed. I saw Prateek sleeping. I got anxious. A millions thoughts popped in my head. There was a mirror behind me and I turned back to see my reflection, nothing just how girls looked when they wake up. But, I was wearing just a underwear. This alone answered some of my questions. I saw my dress, that I was wearing last night laying on the floor. Prateek's clothes just beside them. I picked it up and wore them quickly before he woke up. I escaped by the window that didn't had bars.

I climbed the table front of the window. I also took my phone that was in the study table. That was convenient. While I had actually had no idea of where I was. I took the help of google maps and headed back to hostel.

I slept with him. The thought solo was distressing. Will I ever be able to confront him? I lost my virginity. He seemed a interesting person to talk to. I had no strategy to make things like this.

Nearly a month went without contacting him. I eluded him and he withdrew me too. In class , I sat faraway expedient. I came early so that I could get a suitable place to sit even though Prateek would come early too. Some people started questioning the fact that I was avoiding him . In social media, he would like my pictures and sometime even commented in one or two. This made me accept that he was just mimicking my behaviour.

Prateek was indeed , a provocative guy. The words he said at TT club were still in my consciousness. He still remained a mystery to me. I wanted to know him, understand him. But for that, I needed to speak to him first. I decided to message him. This was the first time texting him.

Dimple

Hey!

Prateek

Hi

Dimple

I wanna apologise.

Prateek

Why are you talking like that? What did you do?

Dimple

See , I'm talking about that Night

Prateek

Hmm... I don't think a night should be a obstacle.

Dimple

Exactly

Prateek

What do you think?

Dimple

I think that we should meet and get to meet each other more.

Prateek

Sounds like a plan

Dimple

I hate planning

Prateek

I don't like it either

Dimple

Okay then lets meet at TT tomorrow.

Prateek left the message on seen. Nice, he needed a award for that? Even though, I believed that What I messaged him travelled through his brain cells and made sense.

It was about midnight. I was stalking all of his social media accounts. It was boisterous. Memories, Annual sports, family and the photo albums on his facebook account seemed endless. In each photo, his sister Urvi would comment something to tease him like it was her duty. One such picture was Prateek alone which seems to be a dark place. Urvi's comment- Wow , the internet has found a new meme material.

And there was literally 30+ replies. She appeared to be a goofy person. Some images were with a guy named Ozzy. I wasn't sure about this fact until I saw the tagged person. His account was though very old. His name wasn't familiar. During our conservation, Prateek never mentioned this name while in his timeline, there was more then twenty pictures with him. A friend? Didn't imply so.

I remained curious about it all the time.