Chapter-12

Warning: This chapter contain themes and references not suitable for anyone under 13

Flashback

Dimple

I kept staring at the ceiling for hours. Everytime I shut my eyes, new scenarios, thoughts were converging in my mind. These were not due to misery, rather I was steamed up by the idea of leaving my family at the age of 20 and shift to mumbai as I got the chance to study  in one of the biggest colleges of mumbai.

Before anybody could come and wake me up , I rolled out of bed myself. As I made my way to the kitchen, I saw her buttering the bread. I hugged her from behind. I knew she was going to miss me. Even though, she understood the situation. Life has never been easy and the easy never turned out good.

I waved my mother and my older mother , Rajiv and reserved an auto and headed to airport. The 2 hour journey might not be exhausting but the expedition to hostel was atleast 1 hour long. 

Next day, when I went to college. It was a prodigious experience. I liked the teaching of professors. The students were amazing too. I instantly made a lot of friends. Making friends was a work of my left hand from a tender age. Even though, I couldn't count on anyone as a best friend. After all, no one could make a best friend within 1 week of joining a college. Maybe, I did.

Seven days flew by like the dust on the streets. But the eightieth day was altered. I wore a causual flowery outfit with blue jeans and high heels so I could grab some attention.

As I made my way through the hallways. My vision shifted to  a guy who was talking to someone who seemed to be his friend. Suddenly, he noticed that I was looking at me. I took my sights off like nothing happened. The guy with him walked away and he came closer to me.

"Prateek" He said while placing his palm forward.

"Its ... Dimple" I said while looking down and shook my hands with him.

" You look like a good girl..." Prateek stated. It wasn't even five minutes of this coversation and he already started "assuming".

"Yeah, there is "Good" written in my forehead." I said while pointing out the area above my eyebrows.

"Hmmm... Makes sense!" He giggled.

" By the way, what made you think so?" I asked. What he said was a little awakward and showed negativity.

"I wasn't serious. however, you look... what's the word? Gorgeous." He complimented me.

"Thanks." I smiled.

The bell then rang. Everyone was in hurry and I was too, without saying goodbye I rushed to the class. As I took a seat. Prateek took his place behind me in the same bench. All the other places were already taken.

The lecture was pretty intriguing. I kept my focus upon the topic. It was relaxing when the first class ended. I couldn't explain why but just Prateek sitting beside and taking notes was consoling to me.

A

fter the end of college, We came out together while taking our studies and classes. My group of friends walked beside us and when I observed them, the weird look they gave would be something I couldn't forget in my lifetime.

"It was nice meeting you." I said while keeping in mind that it was cliche say.

"Same. I think we can meet sometime after college." He said.

"You are right. Where can we meet then?" I asked even though I wasn't aware of the places in mumbai.

"I work at a night club named "TT club" I work there as a cashier. It's a part time job I do for extra cash." Prateek elaborated.

We exchanged our phone numbers so that he could call me afterwards.

"Okay bye!" I waved and walked through the narrow road to my hostel."

Prateek

We can meet this weekend at 11:00 PM.

Dimple

Okay!

The day was monday so saturday night was at great distance. The rest of the week went normally. I used to sit with Prateek at some lectures. I joined group of friends in cafeteria. At things some people used to tease me because of my increased interest on a certain guy.

Saturday Night

I wore a normal outfit, not a party one since I had no time to buy special clothes and enough money . To be honest , I never went to party or a night club. My wealth wouldn't let me go. Since my father died when I was three my mother worked as a cook in cafeteria. It was a low paid job but so was my mother's qualification. Even though she paid attention to our needs, fulfilling them was not simple as ABC.

I admired the belief of spending weekends in bar or nightclubs. For the first time, it was going to be unfaked. I   hurried downstairs after  sensing a horn of bike. It was breaking the rule to go out after 8:00 PM in girl's hostel. I puzzled the guard into believing that  my relative was at hospital and I got to meet them.

I put my hands up while riding his bike , just like in movies even though I wasn't aware of kind of character I was playing. After some minutes, Prateek warned me to grab him or any part of the bike as there was a risk of falling due to imbalance.

My eyelid narrowed due to the luminous light in front of the club. The headings was the club's name "TT" written in a sparkling golden colour. The name seemed quite atrocious .

Prateek paid for me too. The music was raucous then the what I played after my mom left me alone at home. The laser lights made an amazing vision. Some were dancing very crazily , while some were probably forced by their friends. Some of them were drinking hard. He grabbed my hand and took me aside.

"Aren't you working today?" I asked him while my voice was not enough for the music that was playing.

"I took a leave ." He said while taking out his phone from his pocket.

We were standing near the bartender. I never tasted wine or beer in my life. Watching others having it made my curiosity become colossal.

"We can drink..." I spoked in a lowkey voice.

"Save it for later." He winked.

"Okay " I didn't apprehend why but I blushed. Everything was starting to get awe- inspiring.