Chappie 19!

You sprinted through the forest, following the large cleared path. The sun shone painfully bright in your eyes but you ignored it. You had to help Jasper.

"(G/N)... (G/N)?" You heard Steven call. You scowled, why did he follow you? You ran back to him
"Steven, what are you?" You asked
"Garnet told me to!" He said, pointing back in the direction he had come.
"Shoulder ride?" You asked, with a smirk.
"Yeah!" He whooped.

Now running through the forest, with Steven sitting happily atop your shoulders, you followed the path. You looked up ahead and saw a clearing, in the middle, Jasper.

"Jasper..." you said softly, entering the clearing. You put Steven down and held a finger to your mouth, motioning for him to be quiet. He nodded and you advanced forward. Jasper made no move to run but she had cuts all over her body from running through the trees.
"Jasper, Steven might be able to fix you." You said, hoping she would let him try.

She looked around and, seeming satisfied with what she saw, let Steven walk up to her. She growled lightly in warning but allowed Steven to advance anyway. You let out a gasp of worry when she did and she immediately turned to you. Seeing you were alright she returned her attention back to Steven.

Steven approached cautiously, his hand was already glistening with his 'magical spit'. He walked over and placed his hand on her gem. It glowed brightly and Steven

Collapsed.

You let out a yelp of worry and noticed Jasper had collapsed too. You ran over and, knowing Steven was currently the more vulnerable of the two, checked him first. He was still breathing, you then moved to Jasper. Her gem was fine, she was still glowing. You let out a sigh of relief and decided to wait it out.

STEVEN POV(???? I know, right weird huh)
I felt my body pass out but i didn't care. I saw jasper, her mind floating. She was hurt. She kept her face hidden and sobbed, her transparent figure glowing slightly.
"Jasper?" I asked, knowing that this was like the cluster. Jasper lifted her face, she was crying. Her memories swirled around her, Lapis yelling, Rose beating her. The failure she felt after each defeat made the air heavy. The last one i saw was the worst. Rose quartz was standing on a platform. Pink Diamond, beaten and bruises on the ground. This was not how i had imagined Pink Diamonds murder. I had imagined anger, violence. Instead it was replaced with tears, apologies and gentle touches. Mum finally thrust the sword through Pink Diamond. I understood everyone now. But that didn't matter. Jasper needed someone.

"You haven't failed Jasper." I whispered.
"What do you know?" She said angry, her voice cracking.
"I know that, bad things happen. You wish you could do more but you can't change the past. The thing that stops you from falling is making you sure you keep trying, no matter how many times you want to give up. Please Jasper... we need you. We want you as a crystal gem." I said, hoping brining up the crystal gems wasn't a breaking point.

I got a very unexpected reaction.
"Why would you want a failure like me on such a strong team?" She said, furious.
"Garnet went against everything she was supposed to be, Pearl left her diamond and lost her master. Amethyst didn't even grow right! I can't be my Mum! We have all failed at things Jasper, our hardships are what have made us strong. Plus, some more muscle could be handy." I joked, trying to cheer her up.
"Really?" She asked eagerly, her true innocence shining through. I knew that she was vulnerable at the moment, and i would likely never see this side of her again. I was shocked when Jasper looked at me confused, then smiled. Her transparent form glowed and i smiled, everything would be just fine.

BACK TO YOU (G/N) YOUR POV

You had been patient, very, extremely patient. You drummed your fingers on your side. Your weapon was ready and you were ready to defend the sleeping Jasper and Steven if any threat appeared. You heard a groan and looked at Steven. He was waking up! You were about to rush over and check on him when Jaspers corrupted form burst into light, it shrank, molding into a shape that looked more Jasper like. With great difficulty you held back tears as you saw Jasper land down on the ground, a giant star on her chest and a grin on her face.

Despite having wanted to talk to Jasper you realised you had no clue what to say. You weren't her previous friend, a part of you was but you weren't. Jasper seemed to notice this though, and still being the cocky one she is she walked over, rested a hand on your shoulder and said "your welcome" with the most devious half smirk you had seen in your life. You brushed her off and huffed playfully "for what?" You spat, smiling.
"Saving you." She said
"I just saved you, no thanks needed. We're even and now you also owe Steven one." You grinned, knowing you had won by the look of confusion on her face.

"Yeah yeah whatever." She said
"So are you going to thank Steven?" You asked, not expecting her to even talk to him yet.
"T-tha... thanks" she said uncertainly.
"Woah! I wasn't expecting you to actually do it!" You laughed, she looked away embarrassed "shut up" she mumbled.
"Lets go find you somewhere to stay, ey?" Steven asked, nudging her arm with his elbow.
"Sure..." she said, confused.
"Well, i know you don't want to stay with Lapis and Peridot, or Garnet, Pearl, Amethyst... me." He said, "so... that leaves (G/N)!" Steven said.

Jasper?? Live with you???!!??!?