Engineer X Reader

"Engi..."  you called looking for him,  dinner was almost done and everyone was gathering at the table,  ready for pyro to finish dishing up.  As you heard muffled curses coming from a different part of Engi's workroom,  slowly stepping in to find the southern man working on a sentry.  Knocking softly on the door to grab his attention as he looked up towards you in the doorway,  he set his tools down.

"Hello Darlin,  what can I help you with today" he asked coming coming over to you giving you a soft smile.

"Dinner is almost done" you returned his smile, he followed you out of the workroom as everyone was waiting for the two of you.  "we are here"  you laugh taking you usual seat between Medic and Sniper,  with one leg up on the chair as you rested your plate on your knee listening to all the men talk about random stuff. Demo was drunk as per usual,  Solider being a little two loud,  Scout being the abnoxious pain in the arse,  medic and heavy were talking. Spy and Sniper were arguing again and then Pyro was talking with Engi which left you to talk to yourself in your head.

You didn't eat much you never did,  as the men stopped what they were doing as they saw you put your plate into the sink and went off to your room.  It was ceasefire day so you just layed on your bed with your headphones on listening to your favourite music play list.  Humming along to some of the songs not hearing the knock on the door as you saw it open to reveal Engi standing there as you took of your headphones and smiled "hey engi"  you called as you pet the bed beside you beckoning for him to come and take a seat beside you. He could hear the low rumble of the music you was listening too, he gladly took the seat beside you smiling.

"You seem awfully quiet today Love, what's wrong" he asked placing a hand onto your cheek looking into your (E/C) eyes, keeping your gaze until someone cleared there throat making the two of you jump looking up to see Spy standing in the door way.

"How long have you been there" you ask giving him a death glare, he looked at you not phased by your glare as he smiled.

"not very long" he replied (This guy got on your nerves and he knew it as he knew how to push your buttons)

"Mind getting outta here" Engi said seeing that if Spy didn't soon (Y/N) would be kicking his arse into next century, Spy nodded as he walked out of the room closing the door behind him. "I know you dislike him, sorry about that Darlin" Engi sighed taking off his hard hat

"Its not your fault" you replied as you moved a little closer to him hugging him as he pulled you on to his lap for a better hold on you as you both cuddled for a while until he looked down to see you sleeping. He lay you down placing your blanket over you as he moved a few stands of hair from your peaceful sleeping face.

"I love you Darlin" he whispered before leaving you to sleep as he played his guitar in his room thinking about you as he played