Part 5 - Thank❤you for the V

I woke with a start as the wailing banshee next to my bed yelled it was 6 am. I silenced it with a smack and groaned, lifting my head from my nest of pillows. Stretching myself out I yawned then winched as sharp nails found their way into my leg making me withdraw quickly.

"Ugh, stupid Jimmy Choo," I childishly pushed him off my bed with my foot.

It's so true what they say about the difference between cats and dogs.

Dog: you love me, you feed me. You must be god.

Cat: you love me, you feed me. I must be god.

I lay mastering the will to get up from my warm comfy bed, my thoughts went back to the dream I had last night. It was confusing and random but I remember Axel's face mixed up in it. He held me in my dreams and I could still feel his arms around me when I closed my eyes.

Get a grip, Melia! Why would Axel be interested in wrapping you in his arms?

I turned my head sideways then noticed the door slightly ajar, that's odd I could have sworn I closed it last night. I shrugged exhaling deeply, I must have been mistaken.

I untangled myself from my bedsheets and did the zombie walk to the kitchen hunting down caffeine for my brains. I cringed as I passed the mirror my hair looked like a fluffed haystack but I missioned on. I pulled my fingers through my hair trying to tame it but I only got stuck in the tangles so I gave up.

I was just settling down on the barstool at the kitchen counter to take a sip of my liquid bliss when a deep groggy voice startled me.

"Morning sunshine."

I spilled some of the hot coffee over my fingers at the sound of the deep voice. Hissing out a curse I placed the mug down on the counter before snapping my head around to the living room, my heart pounding in my chest. I knew it wasn't Bex, she would not wake unless an atomic bomb went off beside her, so that leaves only...Axel.

I was living that guilty moment when you actually stare into the eyes of someone you just had a dream about, someone you shouldn't be dreaming about. For a moment I was scared he would guess my dirty little secret and call me out on it.

He was hanging over the back of the sofa squinting at me as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes. He pulled a hand through his dark messy hair before he looked at me. He didn't have his glasses on or his baggy hoodie on.

For a moment I was lost in the depths of his glittery blue eyes since there was no glass dulling the intensity of them. He had on a white long-sleeved t-shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows exposing his surprisingly tanned and muscular forearms.

I frowned, why am I ogling him?

"Morning," I mumbled turning away from him and back to my coffee.

"Did you dream about me last night?" he asked in a husky voice.

I choked on the sip of coffee, swallowing hard before I drowned in it. "What? No!" I blurted out too fast before turning back to stare at him wide-eyed.

Defense. Defense. Defense. Miss Priss chanted in my head shaking her pom-poms again.

He smiled with mischief all over his face "Relax, I'm just teasing you," he said but he gave me a knowing look. I had a flutter in my gut that suggested this was not a coincidence.

I squared my shoulders deciding to play dumb. "You would be that lucky, I don't even know you," I said taking another sip of coffee.

He huffed raising his eyebrows at me. "Well then, do you want to get to know me?" I might be imagining the hint of hope in his voice.