Chapter 5 (Part 2 of 2)

"Take one step closer and you'll be leaving here on a stretcher", Dad threatens his voice hard and serious. Brad growls and takes another step closer...

I go towards Cassidy forgetting Brad. 

"I'm sorry", we say at once then laugh slightly, I nod at her saying I want to go first.. 

"Cass, I'm sorry for getting to angry at you and running away and shouting at you. I didn't mean anything I said. I understand if you don't want to be my mommy or best friend anymore", I rambled and looked at the ground. Cassidy smiles softly.

"Of course I want to be your mommy and best friend. I sorry too Danielle for not telling you about Brad. I'll break up with him if you really don't like him", Cassidy confessed and I shake my head. 

"No. If you're happy, I'm happy. Your happiness is more important than my hatred for that piece of trash that so call love", I wrap my arms around my best friend. 

"You're sure", Cassidy says looking up at me and I nod as we lock eyes.

 I resist the urge to lean down and kiss her soft lips. 

Brad comes over to us not happy about the position we were in and pulls us apart. 

"Jackass", I grumble and go to Dad and he wraps his arms around me and holds me close just like he did when I was little. He rest his chin on the top of my head. 

"Danielle, Do you want to go out with Cassidy? Brad and I are going to have ourselves a nice friendly chat", Dad emphasis on the word 'friendly'. I nod against his chest then pull away from him. 

"Let me finish breakfast first", I sit back in my original position before Brad and Cassidy came in. Cassidy plops down in my lap Brad instantly growls and I wrap an arm around Cassidy's waist giving Brad the bird. 

"Do you want some of my breakfast too?', I look at Cassidy and she nods opening her mouth waiting for me to insert food in it. 

"You're lucky you're cute", I roll my eyes and put some bacon in her mouth. 

Brad glares at me and I smirk at him. Dad pulls out his wallet and puts a fifty by my plate. 

"Go get yourself something nice at the mall or where ever. Do whatever you teenage girls do", Dad says before I can protest and give him the money back then he walksout of dining room and goes to his room

"Fine but I'm going to pay you back", I grumble and Cassidy finish the rest of my breakfast. 

"Do you want the rest of my coffee, love?", I ask her and Cassidy turns and looks into my eyes before nodding and taking the cup from my hands then drinks the rest of my coffee. 

"Where do you want to go, Cass? The mall? The bookstore?", I ask as Cassidy got up from my lap and put all the dishes in the dishwasher.

"We can go to the mall", Cassidy answered simply then started the dishwasher. I nod and put the money in my pocket. 

"Kay. Can we stop at the house before we go. I need change", I look at her and she looks at me before looking away nodding. 

"Cassidy, can I talk for a moment?", Dad calls out to her. Cassidy calls back and "Okay!" then goes over to Brad and giving him a peck on the cheek. I growl under my breath and cross my arms over my chest. 

                                     Cassidy's POV (Weird I know) 

I hear Dani growl under her breath then I go see Matt (her dad) in his room. 

"Have a seat Cassidy", he says patting the seat next to him and I sit next to him he clears his throat. 

"Now Cassidy, I've known you since you were 5 and you've always protected Dani and I really appreciate you for doing that. But now I need you to keep her in your sight at all times. I'm worried about her. She hasn't come to me crying like that ever since her. I know she really doesn't like Brad and you know that as well. She hates what he did to you and you hate what he did to you. My daughter doesn't really care about people but I know she cares about you. A lot. And I can tell you care about her just as much. Danielle has feelings for you, how do i know? I saw the way she looked at you when you walked in it was guilt and happiness. Now that you know that, I don't want  you to lead her on. Cause the last thing I want is for Danielle is to be hurt again. Do you get what I'm saying?', His voice was even and he kept his gaze locked on mine and I nodded slowly in understanding. 

"Yes I understand. Dani has feelings for me and I may or may not feel the same way. And that you don't want me to lead her on", I answer slowly making sure I said the right thing in my head and Matt nods. 

"That's exactly what I'm saying Cassidy", he answers simply. I nod and get up going back to Dani. 

(Tea is about to get spilled) 

I leave the room and go back to Dani seeing Brad on top of Danielle his face bloody and bruised with his hand raised. He releases his hand landing a hard smack on her cheek, Danielle flinches . I shove him off of her and pull Dani into my lap holding her close as her hand is on her cheek. I glare daggers at Brad. 

"Matt! Get in here!", I call out loudly as Dani whimpered and tears while falling down her cheeks. 

"Take-e me ho-home M-Mommy", Dani whimpered in my ear as she seemed to have slipped back into her headspace. I nod and pick her up holding her by my hip. Matt runs in and sees Danie basically in tears and Brad with a smirk present on his face. 

"We're leaving", I answer softly and Matt nods then I slowly start to leave then stop needing to do something. I observe Matt's face finding rage; lots and lots of rage. He was holding it back until we left, I could tell. 

"Oh and Brad", I turn so my gaze is on Brad's face and he smiles softly at me. 

"Yes Cassidy", he responds his smile growing and I smirk at him. 

"We're through. Never come anywhere near Danie and I ever again. Best friends before Boyfriends", I turn on my heel and leave the house slamming the door behind me. I take the car keys out of my pocket and go over to my car. I gently put Dani in her carseat as she cries softly. 

"It's gonna be okay baby. I got you. The mean man won't be able to hurt us anymore. I promise", I kiss her head and she nods ever so slightly. I close the door before going to the driver's side. I drive to the house and get out then take Dani out then see Dani's mother waiting on the front step. 

"Shit", I cursed under my breath and Danie looked at the door before crying even harder. I kissed head. 

"Danielle, let me be in your life again", She blurts out only making Danielle's cries get louder. 

__________________________________________________

2 chapters this week. Isn't that great. I'm trying to update whenever I can so maybe Tuesday or Wednesday. If I don't I probably don't have a chapter ready or I'm just to lazy to do it. So I apologize in advance if I miss a updating day.  Wow this Author's Note is really long. I'm gonna go now....Baii *waves*