Chapter 2

I'm gonna time skip to the fifth of September because...why not? Anyway, enough authors note, here's the new chapter!

Draco awoke in his normal Slytherin dormitory, but everything certainly didn't look normal! Above Blaise's head, he saw a dragon. Over Crabbe, he saw a vole. Draco chuckled at this.

"Mr. Malfoy. You have a visitor in Dumbledores office. Make sure to say pumpkin pasty when you reach the gargoyle in front of the door." Professor Snape said before flouncing out of the dorms.

"All righty then. Wait...is it the fifth!? Fathers here to explain why I'm seeing animals float over peoples heads!" Draco thought as he raced out of the room and up to the gargoyle. He shouted the passcode of pumpkin pasty and ran up the stairs. 

Sure enough, Lucius was in the office, stroking Fawkes and conversing with Dumbledore. "Ah, Draco. Perfect timing. I was just reminded of a piece of the animorphmagius information Lucius didn't tell you."

Draco's throat tightened with worry. "What is it Professor?" He asked.

Dumbledore sighed. "Well, child, are you seeing animals yet?"

Draco nodded. "Yes sir. I see yours is a Phoenix. Father, I see yours is a lizard." He pointed to each man in turn.

"Yes. Now, it is indeed meal time. I need you to go out into the Great Hall and look around for someone who shares your animal. What is your spirit animal?" The Headmaster asked.

The young Malfoy looked at himself in the mirror Dumbledore had laying around his office. He had a glowing cat floating over his head. "Mines a cat. Huh. I thought I would get a ferret." He joked.

Albus got the joke and chuckled. "I assure you, a ferret isn't your spirit animal. Now head out to the hall and find someone with a cat doing identical things and looks the same as yours."

____________________________

Draco approached the door to the Great Hall and prepared himself for all the glowing animals he was about to see. He pushed open the door. He was immediately bombarded with sights. He saw Snape sitting at the teachers table with a snake slithering over his head. He saw McGonagall with a cat over her head, but hers was sleeping, as Dracos was playing with a ball of yarn. He saw Harry with a dragon flying overhead. Then he saw Hermione. She had a cat playing with yarn over her head. His breath hitched in his throat.

"Not Granger," He thought as he went to sit down beside her.

She gave him a look of disgust. "What do you want Malfoy?" She sneered.

"Come on, Granger. Can't we get along? I'm changed. We can try to get along. Potter, how are you today? Ron?" 

The redhead looked up at the mention of his name. "Wha? Malfoy? Wha's up?" He said while stuffing a donut hole in his mouth.

Harry gave Draco a confused look. "What's gotten into you?" He asked.

Draco shrugged. "I told you. I changed. Now, Gra-Hermione. Please talk to me." He begged.

"Alright Malfoy! Three things. One; Why did you correct yourself when you started saying my last name? Two; Why are you being nice to me? Three; Who are you and what did you do to Draco Malfoy?" She asked the questions.

Again, Draco shrugged. "Answer to one is why not? Answer to two is I've changed and want to be friends. Answer to three is I'm still me. In fourth year I was turned into a white ferret by Barty Crouch jr."

She seemed relieved. "If you say so. But! I don't believe you yet. You need to redeem yourself."

"Alrighty. Now, can we be friends?" He asked.

"Ugh! No! Not until you redeem yourself." She shrieked.

Draco doubled over, feeling as if his magic had punched him in the gut. The last thing he remembered before his world went black was Hermione kneeling over him, saying she was sorry, accepting his offer.

__________________________

Draco woke up in my bed back in the Slytherin dorms. He sat up gasping. His father was sitting at the desk in the corner. "Wha-what happened?" He asked.

Lucius looked up. "Good. You're awake. Now, I know you asked what happened, so I'm going to tell you. Hermione rejected you, and I'm very certain she's your Other, so your magic was leaving you. She saw this, as she is your Other, and accepted you anyway. Now whenever you or she is threatened, or you feel happy, anger, frustration, or depression, you will sprout animal parts. Hermione is waiting outside the door for me to let her in. When she comes in...I'll let you find out. She has agreed to what is about to happen." The older Malfoy stood and walked to the door, opening it. Hermione was indeed standing in the door.

"Hello Draco." She said sadly.

Lucius grabbed her, pointing his wand at her head. Draco shot out of his bed, jumping to his feet. He felt magic swirl around him, but thought nothing of it. He had to protect his Other. He needed her. He would die without her. His ears disappeared from the sides of his head and appeared on top of his blonde hair, pointy with black fur. A long black furry tail poofed into existence. He felt two of his upper front teeth expand and point. He was part cat

Draco attacked his father, but thought nothing of it. He scratched, he clawed, he bit. Lucius finally let go of miss Granger. She fell to the floor.

"Hermione! Are you alright?" The Animorphmagius asked his Other.

She gasped. "What are you? I've never read anything about any of this!" 

"I'm an Animorphmagius. You've seen what I can do. You see what I am. So...if you want to reject me, make me lose all my magic, go ahead."

Hermione looked over at the boy with a cats ears and tail. "I accepted you earlier. I can't reject you now that I've seen you protect me. Harry will hate it. Ron....oh Ron! Ah, well. He'll just have to get over this." She sighed again. "Well, Mr. Malfoy? What now?" She asked.

"Children, you will have to get a pet cat, a black cat to be precise. You will need to give it a good, proper name. It will be the balance between you two. When your bond is healthy, the cat will be happy, purring. When your bond is sick, it will be sick. When your bond is getting frisky, the cat will be a crazy little thing, running from one room to another. This animal will not die until one of you die. It is quite literally your bond. If you or someone else kills it, you both die."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~