Chapter 5

It had been one week. One week since Dracos near-death experience. One week since he had been bonded with Hermione J. Granger. One week since they had gotten a bond animal named Loki.

"Draco! Feed the cat!" He heard a voice call from the bedroom area of the dorm.

Draco rolled his eyes. "I just fed him an hour ago!" He shouted back.

The cat came up and mewed. It was telling him to calm down and go sort things out. Of course, he wouldn't have to go far. The place didn't have many walls or doors. It had the one door leading in and out and a bathroom door, but otherwise it was one room. This was to keep the two within sight of the other as to keep them both from collapsing in pain.

He sighed and walked over to Hermiones bed and sat on it. "Hey, I'm sorry for shouting at you." 

She didn't look up from her book. "I forgive you." 

Draco looked over at the cat. It was sleeping. "Good. I don't want it playing, but I would definitely know if the bond was being a bit......frisky. Sleeping is good."

He stood. "Well, we should be heading to classes. We have double Herbology right now. We need to try and harvest Venomous Tanticula leaves and not die. Ready?"

Hermione reluctantly put down her book and stood up as well. "Let's go. Loki, stay." She muttered.

Draco laughed. "You know if we start arguing he's going to teleport to us, right?" 

______________________________

"Today, class, we will be harvesting Venomous Tentacula leaves. Now, everyone can choose a partner except Mr. Malfoy and Ms. Granger. They will be partners. Begin." Professor Sprout dismissed people to start working.

Draco rolled his eyes but began to work on clipping the leaves away. "Gran-Hermione, you need to help me. We both need to do it!"

She sat in a chair reading. "No. You do it." She muttered.

He fought to keep himself under control. "Hermione, help me clip these deadly plants leaves off! Now!" He shouted. 

Everyone looked at him weirdly but continued working. Suddenly, a small black kitten appeared right before Hermione. She squealed and dropped her book.

"Uh, oh. Loki's here. That only means one thing." Was Dracos only thought when the cat padded over to him and nuzzled up to him. He rolled his eyes and grabbed Hermiones arm, dragging her out of the room.

"Draco!" She shouted as he pulled her into an abandoned greenhouse. Loki followed suite.

Hermione huffed but realized why Loki had appeared. "Look, Draco. I'm sorry for not helping. I'll help you when we go back, okay?" She offered.

"Yeah. Okay, I forgive you. Now Loki, go home." He instructed. The cat didn't move. "Loki! Go." 

Hermione put a hand on his shoulder, saying calm down. The cat disappeared back to the room to sleep.

________________________________

During dinner, Hermione had Draco join her at the Gryffindor table. 

"Mione, why does he have to join us?" Ron asked as he shoved a whole cheeseburger in his mouth.

She looked disgusted. "Because he's my Bond. Without him I'd die. Now please use your manners while eating. It's the least you could do."

He gave her a look that said he doesn't care, then shoved an entire slice of cake in his mouth.

Hermione scoffed and stormed away. Draco got up and followed, trying not to lose sight of her. 

"Hermione!" He shouted. 

She ran faster to the dorm. "Leave me alone!" She shouted.

Draco caught her just as the door closed to the dorms. "Fellowship!" He shouted. He began to feel a small amount of pain but ignored it. "Hermione, why did you leave?"

"Because Ron is a pig and doesn't know when to use his manners!" She replied.

He sat down on her bed. "Come sit with me." He said.

Hermione slowly sat down with him. "I'm sorry." She said.

"For what?"

"For this." Hermione kissed him, on her own choice.

~~~<~~~>~~~<~~~>~~~<~~~>~~~<~~~>~~~<~~~>~~~