Chapter 3

Draco heard Hermione choke on Lucius' words. "A cat? I've got Crookshanks, but he's a ginger cat..." She said after a minute of hard silence.

"I could go look for one. Dumbledore will let me." Lucius said. "I know what to look for in Animorphmagius bond animals. In two hours, meet me back here. Dumbledore is planning on setting you two up a separate dorm, as bonded Animorphagius Others need their own space, they need to be in sight and touch of each other for the first couple weeks, then they can start to split for longer each time." Lucius lectured the two.

Draco saw Granger roll her eyes. "Father, what are we supposed to do? You said we need to be within sight and touch of the other. But...why?" He asked.

He saw his dad sigh. "I don't know. It's just the way the bonds work. Anyway, I've got to go. There's a Muggle pet store I can go to. I going to Floo out. Don't kill each other, keep within eye sight and touch. I'll be back in an hour. If you lose each other, you will feel a blinding pain in the back of your head until you touch each other. Oh! And when I get back with the cat, you will need to pet it and kiss each other to seal the bond." 

Both the kids looked up at the adult in shock. "Hold up. We need to kiss!?!" Hermione gasped. 

Internally, Draco agreed with her. He didn't want to have to kiss her, but he knew he'd have to. "Father, what-"

Before Draco could finish his sentence, Lucius had shouted "Fantasy Pet Shop!" And Floo Powder Powered out of the room.

_________________________________________

As Hermione started to leave, she began closing the door. Just as she disappeared behind the door, Draco felt a searing pain right be hind his head, and Hermione quite literally fell back into the room.

"Hermione! Didn't you hear what my father said?! Come here." He said as his eyesight began to swim.

She slowly crawled over to he Other. Draco reached out to touch her. Hermione reached out her hand to touch his. Their fingers brushed, but it didn't help with their pain. Draco grabbed her arm and pulled her into a tight hug. The blinding pain still didn't let up.

Hermione looked into his eyes. "Draco....there is probably....only one way....to fix this. You....need to.....kiss me." She said, gritting her teeth.

Draco was reluctant, as his father didn't say they were able to befor they got their bond  animal, but the intense pain in the back of his head convinced him to do what his Other told him. He slowly leaned in and placed his lips on hers.

She was indeed surprised that he did it, but as she kissed him back, the blinding pain subsided. They pulled apart, smiling slightly at each other.

"Well. That was...odd." Draco said.

Hermione nodded, agreeing.

__________________________________

An hour later, Lucius appeared sliding from the fireplace with a pale green cage in hand. "Well, you didn't hurt each other." He said, humor in his voice.

The two, who had been sitting in chairs across the room, looked at the cage that Lucius had brought with him. 

Hermione rushed over and took the cage. She opened it, and out came the cutest black kitten both the teens had ever seen.

 She opened it, and out came the cutest black kitten both the teens had ever seen

The kitten padded out of the cage and mewed, melting Dracos heart.

"What should we name him?" Draco asked.

Hermione looked up at him from petting their new pet. "How about Nico? I read about him from a Muggle book series. If not that, Loki." 

He knew what Loki was, but never had he known who Nico was.

"Loki." He said simply.

Lucius was pleased. "Perfect! Now, he knows his name, he will be with you the rest of your time. He will age, but only to adult. Now, you both need to stroke him, and kiss each other. The bond will be completed. Then Draco, you will need to go with Hermione to the Gryffindor common room to collect her things. Dumbledore has finished setting up your separate dorm."

Hermione picked up Loki and started stroking him again. Draco walked over to her and started petting the cat also. He leaned in again and kissed her once more. She kissed him back happily, though it wasn't her. Sparks quite literally flew as the bond was placed over their new cat Loki. Magic swirled around the cat and disappeared into its fur. The two newly bonded magical beings pulled apart and walked out of the room. 

"Wait! I've got a leash and collar for your cat!" Lucius called. He held up a green collar and a silver leash.

Draco took it upon himself to attach these things to the cat and handed the leash to his Other. They walked out and Loki trailed behind.

~~~<~~~>~~~<~~~>~~~<~~~>~~~<~~~>~~~<~~~>~~~

I'm sorry for the short chapter, but I needed a cute ending for a chapter. Well, I hope you enjoyed!