#2

Tina's P.O.V

I was sitting at the kitchen table reading a note Queenie had left for me.

Hey Teen!
I'll be out late tonight, Jacob asked me on a date and I couldn't refuse don't wait up for me, and I'm serious I know you'll want to get some rest you need to stop keeping yourself up at night wondering when newt will come back ;) don't worry he will eventually!
                                                      Love Queenie

I scowled at the letter I hated it when Queenie teased me about Newt she knew very well that it was usually work that kept me up at night.

But I guess part of me always dreamed of Newt coming back and giving me a copy of his book, a silly dream that was impractical.

I sighed and pushed the note to the side, normally I would now pull out some unfinished paperwork to occupy me, but I didn't feel like it. Instead I pulled out my wand and started to fold a piece of paper into a thunderbird a little trick I was taught in Ilvermorny.

I heard a knock at the door, surprised I turned around. Nobody visits Queenie and I and if it were Queenie she would have just walked in.

Nervously I stood up my wand tightly gripped in my hand, I put my hand on the doorknob and threw the door open.

There in front of me stood Newt Scamander, I couldn't believe it my eyes must be deceiving me I thought.

"Newt?" I asked

He slightly turned his head and looked up at me, "uh hello Tina," he said. I took a quick glance behind him making sure nobody was there and I pulled him into the apartment.

"What would you have done if you were caught?" I asked putting my hands on my hips, he gave a small laugh which made a light color of pink go to my cheeks.

"Uh perhaps say I had something to give to a young lady living here?" He said

I looked at him questionably "what could you-" I stopped, his book of course why else would he be here Tina it's not because he likes you he's just keeping a promise.

"You finished your book?" I asked excitedly

He nodded and set his case on the table, he opened it and pulled out an elegant looking book, with beautiful silver letters engraved at the top saying Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

I grinned "you used my title," I said softly

He avoided my eye contact "I hope you don't mind I just couldn't think of anything more perfect."

I bit my lip in attempt to hide my blushing, "how long do you think you'll be staying?" I asked.

He paused "I uh didn't think that far in advance," he said drifting off.

I smiled typical Newt, but I loved him for that, I gasped and he looked at me strangely "did I do something wrong?" He asked.

I paused "no sorry I was just thinking and I said I-" I paused again not only did I just say I loved him in my head but I almost just told him that.

This was impossible I haven't seen him in a long time and before that I knew him for about two days.

But then again Queenie did kiss Jacob and she knew him less then you knew Newt....... No Tina snap out of it.