#8

Newts P.O.V

"Mr. Scamander are you asking me on a date?" She asked teasingly, I blushed a dark shade of red, "well I- perhaps maybe, I don't know this went a lot better in my head" I admitted,

She smiled, "well I hope you are because my answer is yes. I'll see you in a bit, but I have to head back to work," and with that she ran back into the MACUSA offices leaving me wondering what the heck just happened.

I bit my lip and started walking back to the Goldstein apartment where I was staying for my visit, both sisters eagerly welcomed me when I came for my second visit.

Queenie would be proud of me, the second she read the idea from my head about asking Tina out she's been on my back about it ever since.

I laughed softly to myself thinking about it, I looked around the street and noticed Jacobs bakery was right across from where I was standing.

I decided to pay him a visit and walked over there, as I opened the door a bell jingled alerting my presence.

"Newt! What brings you in today?" Jacob beamed,

"Hello Jacob, I just came in for a visit and to frankly pass time." I said, he nodded as he wiped his counters down.

"What's happening tonight that you need to pass time for?" He asked curiously, I looked down hiding behind my hair.

"Uh I may have a date tonight," I said quickly.

He laughed "finally Queenie and I have been waiting for that to happen."

I looked up, "how did you know I was talking about Tina, what if I met some other American girl?"

He raised his eyebrows, "Seriously Newt, the only girl you think about is Tina, and you don't have the guts to meet any more women anyways, and according to Queenie you don't want to anyways."

I blushed, it was true after meeting Tina I really didn't have any need or urge to meet any other women.

"Well let's stop talking about me now, what about you?" I asked.

He grinned and looked around suspiciously as if someone was listening, "well it's kinda hard to keep a secret when your girlfriend can read minds, but I've been trying. Anyways I'm going to propose soon!" He said excitingly,

I smiled "really? that's great!"

He nodded and handed me some coffee he just made, coffee wasn't my favorite but I would still drink it from time to time.

"Yeah, I'm excited. When are you going to propose to Tina?" He asked,

I nearly spit out my drink in shock, "sorry what?" I asked,

He laughed at my reaction, "oh come on, what are you going to do just date her and do nothing after that? It doesn't exactly work like that."

I wiped my mouth, "Jacob I don't even know if Tina likes me, she said yes to one date." I exclaimed,

"Doesn't like you?" He asked surprised, "That's funny because that's her excuse when Queenie brings it up," he tried to mimic Tina's voice saying "No Queenie he doesn't feel the same way he thinks of me only as a friend."