#23

So sorry for the inactivity... please forgive me. Also don't freak out about Leta this is not a Leta and Newt chapter it's still Newtina 😂 so read the whole thing so it makes sense please lol.

The faint sound of clicking filled the hallway as Leta walked down towards Newts apartment. Theseus was in dire need of help and felt as if an old friend would convince Newt to be recruited into his team rather then a strained brotherly relationship. So for the past few weeks Leta had been paying Newt visits to catch up and rekindle an old friendship while also finding a delicate way to ask for his help.

She knocked softly on the old wooden door of his humble flat. It had a crack in the middle of it that wasn't there before. I wonder what that's from she thought.

The door squeaked as Newts new assistant Bunty opened the door. Someone Leta was not particularly fond of, she was a bit too chipper and enthusiastic for her liking.

"Oh Leta! Hello I didn't expect you to be here so early today Newts just downstairs in-" she paused to giggle like she was part of some huge secret which technically she was, but she made way to much of a deal over it. "You know the basement"

"Yes I know Bunty, now will you please let me in?" Leta asked a little more irritably then she meant.

"Oh sure" She said stepping aside to let Leta in.

"Thank you" Leta said walking in.

Bunty kept talking but she just tuned her out and quickly walked down into Newts basement.

She smiled at the familiar atmosphere of creatures and wildlife everywhere.

Newts real home.

She spotted Newt sketching in his notebook and smiled. "Hello Newt."

He turned around, "Oh Leta, sorry I lost track of time I would have made some tea or something."

"Don't fret about it, it's alright." She said putting her hand on his shoulder, "what are you working on today?"

He shrugged, "Some kelpies they've been on my mind lately."

She nodded, "No females this time?" She asked in a teasing tone.

He flushed, "I decided from her lack of letters she probably wouldn't want me drawing her. I felt it was inappropriate."

Leta sighed, she knew Newt was hurt from the sudden lack of response from his American crush. She had heard much about this Miss Goldstein and was a little upset that she had just suddenly stopped writing Newt. It really hurt him.

"What Miss Goldstein doesn't know won't kill her." She said with a chuckle.

He smiled, "I will still respect her privacy and choices."

"Maybe she just got busy?" Leta suggested

Newt sighed, he hoped that was the case at least. He was hoping he hadn't said anything to offend her, but unfortunately his insecurities got the best of him and that's what he figured had happened.

He put his sketchbook down, "could you do me a favor Leta?"

She nodded, "Anything what is it?"

He sighed, "I feel like I've been putting too much work on Bunty and there seems to be a ton of fan mail today could you possibly help her sort through it while I feed the creatures? Then I'll be up and help as well."

Leta immediately regretted her decision of saying yes, she didn't really feel like dealing with more of Bunty but there was no backing out now she had already said yes.