#14

I finally have some inspiration again...

Newts P.O.V

I winced, the cut on my right arm wasn't the worst one I've had, but definitely painful enough for me to stop working the rest of the night.

Tina sat next to me bandaging it up, mumbling under her breath about how I was irresponsible and never cared about my own safety.

"Tina it's really fine, this happens all the time." I explained trying to calm her down. Unfortunately my efforts didn't seem to work.

"Exactly Newt! This shouldn't happen all the time." She scolded,

I sighed, sometimes I thought Tina got a bit to overprotective, but then again she probably would say the same thing about me.
"So how are things going between Jacob and Queenie?" I asked trying to change the subject.

She sighed, "not good it's getting to hard to hide their relationship and it's affecting them I can tell. Either they have to break up or leave the country, and Jacob has his bakery, and everything is just a mess.

"Why don't they move to England and get married there?" I asked,

She stopped bandaging my arm and put her hands in her lap, "that brings up the bakery problem again."

"Well he can always open one in England, people will love his pastries, he may even be able to open a shop in diagon alley, or hogsmade."

"But what about me?" She asked

I looked at her, "You living in England would be an excellent bonus."

We both blushed at the same time from my silly words. "That's not what I meant." She said quietly. "I was talking more about my job."

"I'm sure the ministry would love to have you." I responded.

She looked down "I don't know Newt it all just seems to much to handle."

I really wanted Tina closer to me, our occasional visits were simply not enough. I loved being around her and I couldn't stand being away from her.

"Tina-" I started

I tried to turn my head so I could see her face hidden behind her hair. She was crying, despite the pain in my arm, I lifted it to brush her hair out of the way.

"Tina what's wrong?" I asked

"I know why you want me to move to England Newt, but I don't think we can." She took a shaky breath "I mean we live across oceans and I can't just pick up my bags and leave." She exclaimed.

I sighed and watched as more tears escaped her eyes, I wiped them away again and pulled her into a hug.

"Tina..... if you would want to we would figure it out, I- I love you." I stuttered out.

She let out a laugh "I know idiot it's obvious, I love you too." She said into my shoulder.

I smiled at her and pulled her closer "well then we are both smart people we can figure it out, changing jobs is a big deal but I think it's worth it to have you around."

It was silent for a moment "or..." she started, I looked at her anticipating her next words "I could take leave from being an auror and travel with you around the globe."

"My assistant magizoologist?" I asked playfully.

She nodded, I smiled happily "on one condition though." I said.

She leaned out of my hug "what?" She asked.

I looked at her nervously "your last name has to be Scamander as well." Her eyes grew big "are you serious?" She asked.

I nodded "Tina will you do me the honour of being my wife?" I asked

She broke into a grin "yes, yes of course! What took you so long?" She asked eagerly

I laughed and slipped a simple ring I'd had in my pocket for months on her finger. She kissed me gently.

I smiled into the kiss wrapping a hand in her soft brown hair that complimented her eyes so wonderfully.

She pulled back "Now back to that arm, I'm still angry about that."

I chuckled "as you wish love."

She smiled and continued caring for it. Yes I could see a bright future ahead of us.

IM SOOOOOO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IVE BEEN SO BUSY AND I DIDNT HAVE MOTIVATION AND AHHHHHHHHHHHH PLEASE FORGIVE ME AND THIS ONE IS SHORT BUT I WANTED TO POST SOMETHING FOR YOU WONDERFUL NIFFLERS! Again I'm sorry 😬 forgive me❤️