Chapter 4: How To Build A House

~Mark's P.O.V.~

"Day one and there she is!" Using my phone as a camera, I walked up to Alexis, who was walking through the door with a confused smirk on her face. "Mommy's home from her lunch date with Auntie Molly!"

"What the hell are you doing Mark?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean why are you recording?"

"I want to record every day we have before the little tike is here. Make a home movie for it to watch later so it can see how much we love him or her."

"Awe, that's so sweet. But don't call me "Mommy" and don't shove your phone in my face," she laughed.

"Okay, well then I'll record the kid instead!" I bent down and zoomed in her still normal stomach. "At least they can't complain about it."

"Mark! Stop it!" squealed, pulling me back up again. "It's still me."

"Yeah? Well soon it's not going to be."

"You mean I'm going to get fat."

"No, I mean it's just going to grow enough to show a bit."

"So you do mean when I'm fat!"

"You're not fat!" I wrapped an arm around her shoulders and turned the phone towards both of us. "She's too pretty to be fat, right little guy?"

"Or girl."

"Or girl," I agreed, looking in her beautiful eyes. I kissed her cheek quickly felt her arms hug me tight. "Okay, so I was thinking we have some sort of mo-AHH!" I tripped over something and fell to the floor, my phone flying out of my hands and into oblivion.

"Oh my gosh, Mark! Are you okay?!" Lexi dropped her purse and crawled over to me. I at up on my elbows and laughed it off.

"Yeah, yeah I'm okay. Luckily the carpet isn't too rough," I stated, patting the floor.

"Watch where you're going! You clearly didn't see the big box behind you."

"Big box?" I looked around her and remembered. "Oh yeah! That came in earlier while you were out. It's addressed to you."

"Seriously? I didn't order anything."

"Hold up. I need to find my phone. Oh shit!" I found it all right. Found it lying in a heap of glass on the kitchen tile, shattered and all. Somehow, it hadn't turned off and was still recording. "Well fucking fuckbag! That's just great."

"Awe, babe. Why'd you throw your phone like you did?"

"I didn't throw it!  it flew out of my hands!"

"So it sprouted wings and went all RedBull on you?"

"N-no," I said trying to keep my giggles in. Her subtle, witty humor was one fo the things I loved most about her, even though she says she got it from me. I can't deny that, actually.

"Well, just take it to the iPhone Doctor down the street."

"Can you really trust those guys?"

"My android a few years back got put into the washing machine and we took it to one of those places. Only cost $60 and I got it back fully repaired within twenty minutes."

"How'd it hold up?"

"It's the same one I use today and you see how awesome that thing is."

"Okay. I'll take it when I go out tomorrow."