Picture Perfect

Chapter Fifteen: Picture Perfect

JASMINE

Today I was lucky to be doing a photoshoot with Dan and Phil for promotion images for their upcoming tour. At least this beat university lectures. The two guys were being goofballs as per usual.

"Dan, Phil is taking better pictures than you."

Dan pouts in front of the green screen while Phil beams a proud smile in my direction.

"I always was the more photogenic half of this duo."

I snort at the same time as Dan, "Only on this opportunity Phil, don't give up your YouTube day job."

Phil gasps before waltzing off screen dramatically like the diva he could be. Dan walks over to me behind the computer monitor and kisses my cheek before we high-five.

"I take much better pictures when it's just you and me alone Jasmine."

I feel my cheeks blush as Dan whispers the last part in my ear to avoid anyone else around us hearing what we liked to get up to when we were alone. Before I could come up with a sassy comeback my phone goes off on the table next to the laptop.

Pecking Dan on the lips I get up and move away from the hustle and bustle before answering, it was the Police who were becoming very familiar with my phone number. I wasn't expecting another phone call because Mitch had been caught and put away for his crimes.

"Hello Officer, do you have any news?"

There is silence on the other end of the line but I could hear someone breathing. Something didn't feel right in my gut.

"Jasmine we regret to inform you that Mitch made his bail, and he's out until his trial begins. We're terribly sorry and wanted you to know as soon as we found out. Don't worry you're going to have a Police escort around you until the trial."

I sigh, "I'm meant to be going on tour around the UK with my boyfriend and his best friend. Can I still go?"

The officer mumbles something to someone else before clearing their throat, "that should be okay, would you be comfortable if the Police escort came on the tour with you? Even if Mitch doesn't make a move we don't want to run the risk he tries something and we can't catch him."

It didn't look like I had much choice in the matter but knew Dan and Phil would want me to be safe while Mitch was on the loose.

"That should be okay officer, thank you for getting in touch with me. We'll arrange the details before the tour starts. Goodbye."

The officer hangs up and I put the phone away not quite knowing how to bring this up with Dan and Phil. However when I look up Dan and Phil are right in front of me making me jump back a few steps.

"Why were the Police ringing you, Jasmine? Is everything okay?"

Dan's concern was touching, while Phil was scrutinising my every move and facial expression.

"Mitch made bail before the trial. The Police want to give me an escort in case he tries anything. And when I mentioned the tour it sounded like the only way I could go was if the escort comes with me. Is that okay?"

Phil's face drops while Dan pulls me into a hug squeezing me tight.

"Anything to keep you safe Jasmine, isn't that right Phil?"

Phil nods, "You're important to us Jasmine so if having a Police escort means you can come on tour with us then so be it. Now, how about we turn these frowns upside down and take more pictures?"