3: Night 1 Of Mystery

(Y/N) steps into the office on my first Night at Freddy's, scared. The restaurant is much more scary than the day time. The light of the broken arcade game flickers making the entire experience worse.

She sits in the chair as the clock strikes 12:00 AM.

Where is the other person who is supposed to be here?

Just then, the door swings open to see a man with black hair and glasses, also wearing a similar outfit. He stares at her.

“Who are you? Did one of us come on the wrong day? What?”

(Y/N) shrugs,”I was told to come. I used to be Day Shift.”

“I guess we are together for 5 night at Freddy’s” he says, “What’s your name?”

“(Y/N)” she replies.

She isn’t used to having a friend so comfortable around her. AJ was a good friend but they don’t normally hang out because he worked at a Sister Location and lived on the north side of LA. The only person she had was Scott but who knows where he is now.

“I am Mark.”

Just then, the phone rings.

"Hello, hello? Uh, I wanted to record a message for you to help you get settled in on your first night. Um, I actually worked in that office before you. I'm finishing up my last week now, as a matter of fact. So, I know it can be a bit overwhelming, but I'm here to tell you there's nothing to worry about. Uh, you'll do fine. So, let's just focus on getting you through your first week. Okay?
Uh, let's see, first there's an introductory greeting from the company that I'm supposed to read. Uh, it's kind of a legal thing, you know. Um, "Welcome to Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. A magical place for kids and grown-ups alike, where fantasy and fun come to life. Fazbear Entertainment is not responsible for damage to property or person. Upon discovering that damage or death has occurred, a missing person report will be filed within 90 days, or as soon property and premises have been thoroughly cleaned and bleached, and the carpets have been replaced."
Blah blah blah, now that might sound bad, I know, but there's really nothing to worry about. Uh, the animatronic characters here do get a bit quirky at night, but do I blame them? No. If I were forced to sing those same stupid songs for twenty years and I never got a bath? I'd probably be a bit irritable at night too. So, remember, these characters hold a special place in the hearts of children and we need to show them a little respect, right? Okay.
So, just be aware, the characters do tend to wander a bit. Uh, they're left in some kind of free roaming mode at night.Uh...Something about their servos locking up if they get turned off for too long. Uh, they used to be allowed to walk around during the day too. But then there was The Bite of '87. Yeah. I-It's amazing that the human body can live without the frontal lobe, you know?
Uh, now concerning your safety, the only real risk to you as a night watchman here, if any, is the fact that these characters, uh, if they happen to see you after hours probably won't recognize you as a person. They'll p-most likely see you as a metal endoskeleton without its costume on. Now since that's against the rules here at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, they'll probably try to...forcefully stuff you inside a Freddy Fazbear suit. Um, now, that wouldn't be so bad if the suits themselves weren't filled with crossbeams, wires, and animatronic devices, especially around the facial area. So, you could imagine how having your head forcefully pressed inside one of those could cause a bit of discomfort...and death. Uh, the only parts of you that would likely see the light of day again would be your eyeballs and teeth when they pop out the front of the mask, heh.
Y-Yeah, they don't tell you these things when you sign up. But hey, first day should be a breeze. I'll chat with you tomorrow. Uh, check those cameras, and remember to close the doors only if absolutely necessary. Gotta conserve power. Alright, good night."

As the night went on, no one talked. Every some minutes there would be a:

“Seal the door” or “Hit the lights”

By 4:00, the animatronics move right up the the doors trying to get in.

“Mark! Don't use so much power!” (Y/N) yells.

Too late.

The lights go out, the computer shuts off, and the doors slide up. I hide behind the broken arcade game in the office while Mark hides beneath the desk. From knowing the animatronics for quite sometime (or the day time versions anyways), (Y/N) knows that being under a desk is never the right place.  

The Puppet appears in front of (Y/N)’s face and she swats it away. She also hears the very song she remembered from the last day she saw Scott.

“Hi there I’m Freddy, wanna come and play? I think you’re special, in your own way. I’d love to sing a song with you, it’s my favorite thing to do, ‘cause I love you through and through!”

Freddy’s voice is much better at night because it seems like they have a mind of their own. Unlike the day where they are programed, when the clock strikes 12, they don’t have to follow the same rules.

After Mark yells at Freddy for having a horrible voice, Bonnie, Chica, and Foxy make their way into the office.

“Come play with Freddy, play the night away. All Freddy’s friends have come here to say: We’d love to sing a song with you, it’s our favorite thing to do, ‘cause we love you through and through!”

BOOM!

The lights come out, power is restored to the building and the animatronics vanish from the office.

“PURPLE GUY!”

“Hey J, I’m AJ!” the voice replies.

Mark asks stupidly, “Are you here to kill me?”

The voice replies, “No I’m here for the morning shift!”

Mark gets up and looks at the beeping laptop.

6 AM

6 hours later and they survived. Both of them. Even with Mark’s stupidity.

“AJ?” (Y/N) come out from behind the arcade game.

“(Y/N)!!!”

They embrace leaving Mark awkwardly there.

“Don’t you work at the sister location? What happened?”

He explains the incident with an animatronic named Baby and how the person the phone said there was an open spot.

When was the call?

Last week Wednesday.

That was when Scott left.

“You’re friends with that weirdo?” AJ looks at her.

(Y/N) nods slowly, “Yeah. He disappeared after the phone----He was the one who answered! He quit for you to come here! But it wasn’t him who moved me to the night shift……”

Since (Y/N)’s shift was over, she didn’t have to work but she liked to still be there as like a supervisor.

I’m so used to the job. She thought.

“It’s been so long since I’ve been to this location” AJ says after lunch.

“Has it? I’ve been here every day. It is stressful at first but you’ll get used to it.” she replies.

“What happened to Scott?”

What?

She does not want to reply. Not at all. She doesn’t know is the truth. No matter how many calls and texts she sent, he never answered.

“I-I don’t know” she stutters out, “I have to go.”

She lied.

She didn’t have to go.

She just wanted to take a nap