14: Worried for Scott

After returning from her shift (Y/N) sat at her kitchen counter and broke down. Tears rolled down her face, and all the built up emotions flowed out of her.

Scott didn't arrive at work that day, which was strange as he always was for every shift he's ever had. There hasn't been a time in (Y/N)'s memory for the past 9 months that he'd been absent. This was unlike him and it worried her and for his safety.

She was also terrified as she now had to work the night shift. No one could survive more than a week or they quit before anything too fatal happened. If she's so worried about Scott then how would she make it through one night at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza?

She could only theorized how the animatronics would be at night since in the day, they ran off of a program. They would be full of rage and anger and attack anyone who stepped foot in the security guard office. Although people are literally paid to be at the restaurant, do they really want to be there?

She tried to stop thinking about her new position but her mind kept wandering back to Scott. Was he okay? Did he get hurt? Why hasn't he been answering her texts or calls? It may seem like she was desperate but (Y/N) was just a caring person who wanted her friends to be safe, especially Scott who meant so much to her.

She was remembering the day in the office when he was sitting at the desk eating the cupcake. The Foxy mask over his face, hiding the unknown monster inside. She had said she loved him...

She meant it in a platonic way but did her heart mean it that way? It was never a good thing to fall in love with your co-worker especially someone who was so mysterious.

No, Scott wasn't mysterious. (Y/N) knew enough about him to possibly develop a crush on him.

It's wrong

No it's not

What do you really know about Scott Cawthon?

Everything I need to

But not everything you want to

(Y/N) pulled herself together and got (favorite drink) and sat in a nice chair. She needed something to distract her. Anything. Something to keep her mind off of the night shift and Scott not answering her calls and texts.

It was a Friday so he could just be easily caught up in any personal stuff. She shouldn't be so worried as Scott's life was his own.

(Y/N) checked her phone for the time as the mail would be coming around now. In the meantime, maybe AJ knew where Scott might be. She found his contact and called.

"Hey J. It's AJ" he greeted.

"Hi. I uh was wondering if you'd seen Scott today."

"Nope. I didn't go around Freddy's today and besides, I wouldn't want to see that jerk anyways" he said.

AJ still hated Scott, for whatever reason, (Y/N) didn't know. She once remembered that Scott had called him Vincent. It annoyed AJ because the name wasn't his. It was a misprint. The name William was a dead name as that one ruined part of his life.

The mailman dropped a package inside (Y/N)'s door and walked away. She heard the thump of the mail and creaking of the wooden steps.

She was confused because she didn't order anything online or was aware that anyone sent her anything. Not thinking about it too much, she went over and opened the door.

The package was small, a faded orange, with her name and address typed onto a sticker. Did the sender not want to write her name in their handwriting?

She picked it up and carried it to the kitchen. Taking a small knife, (Y/N) opened the top and turned it upside down. Out fell a flash drive.

A flash drive?

Who would send her a flash drive?

It could be a virus sent by someone wanting to hack her computer. Something told her that wasn't the case. She was too curious of what was on there.

She pulled out her laptop and inserted the flash drive into the USB port. The drive was named EKBry. (Y/N) had no idea what that meant. She clicked "open files" and there was only one.

BryDech1.mp3

It was an audio file.

(An audio version)

Uh Hello? Can you hear me? I don't have much time so listen carefully.

I know how you feel about him and don't try to hide it. You care so much about that man. You trust him. He's kind. He is exactly what you love to see.

I'm here to tell you the opposite.

There will come a time that the friendship will be tested.

No one is ever truly gone from the world.

You have a need to protect the innocent and those you care about so much. You're done seeing others hurt from honest mistakes and accidents.

Not everyone needs to be saved.

And you.

You can only save those who wanted to be saved.

It's up to you if he wants to be.

I'm warning you now to not take the night shift. Don't take it if you want to see your friends alive and not see everything fall apart around you. It will happen. It's destined to happen.

My partner...it's against the rules of my world and his to let anyone, outside of my world, know their story. I'm not supposed to influence them or give warnings. I'm afraid of where he'll take yours as it won't just affect you but me and everyone here as well.

Oh no.

He's coming.

I'm telling you don't go! Don't take the night shift! Don't trust the calls!

It was a warning. It didn't make sense. (Y/N) was confused as the person knew some things about her. The voice, a male, knew about her feelings for Scott and about their friendship. He knew she was given the night shift after his disappearance.

The mysterious man speaking warned her not to take the night shift as her friends would die and things would fall apart? Sounds like a prank to her as most people knew, at least, that at night it got weird at Freddy's and dangerous. People have gotten hurt in the past.

The only thing she was going to take seriously was "Don't trust the calls". Was that reffering to Phone Guy? There was nothing strange about him. He was there as a friendly voice to everyone. He gave instructions to the employees.

The calls had to be something else if it wasn't Phone Guy.

(Y/N) called Scott once more.

"Hey Scott it's me, (Y/N), again. I know I've been calling and texting a lot lately but.. I'm just worried if there is something going on. If you need space or for me to leave you alone, please let me know. Alright, hopefully I'll talk to you soon. Bye"

She frowned after she hung up.

She was going to take the night shift, despite the audio file's warning. She didn't take it seriously as it was most likely a prank from one of her co-workers trying to frighten her before Monday. Well, it wasn't going to work.

It wasn't going to work.