I - Heartbreaking Surprise!

"It's over." He said with a stern voice. His face was emotionless despite the weight of his words. He stared at me blankly like a piece if paper left untouched on the table.

I felt like I wore a triple extra small dress as I felt myself slowly loose an air to breathe. I wanna faint! I wanna shout in disbelief and I wanna kill him right on his seat.

My fiancee has the guts to dump me? Really dump me on our anniversary?

"You're joking sweetheart. No need to pull out some stunt to do your surprise." I uttered with a smile as I continue to eat my food.

"I'm not joking. You should know that." He said as he pick up his fork and eat his food seriously.

I felt a sweat run through my spine despite the temperature in the restaurant where I book a table for our anniversary dinner. He seems really serious with his words and I'm starting to believe it. No! I'm getting convinced now.

I felt like I choke to death as I realize what's happening. "I can't breathe." My head shouted. Pain strike me as tears suddenly fall down my cheeks. I wipe it as quick as I can so no one would notice especially the man causing it but I'm not as quick as I thought I am coz he saw it and it doesn't change his demeanor.

Wow! He's so cold and it hurts me so much realizing that my brother is right after all. He doesn't love me for real.

"Why?" Is all I can utter looking at him intently in the eye while tears fall down my cheeks. I wipe it away coz honestly I started to hate myself for crying over him.

He put down his spoon and fork, wipe his lips with the napkin and stared back at me blankly without speaking a word but look down after a while.

"I'll be unfair if we'll continue this. I'm not the right man for you."

Am I hearing it correctly? Unfair? I can't believe this man. We're engaged and yes it's truly unfair?

"Did you really love me Aaron? I want an honest answer. Don't dare lie to me!" I want to strangle him right at this very moment. He's full of his god damn ego like he own the world.

"You want to know the truth? Fine! Maybe yes but I met someone and I love her more than you. Satisfied?"

"That simple? You're dropping everything we had just because of that girl you meet? How about our plans? How about the marriage" I ask him though I felt like I was hanged upside down almost choking to death.

"I'm sorry Grace. I'm really sorry." Is all he can say. I watch him call the waiter, took his card and give it to the waiter to settle our bill.

My hands were shaking as I grab the napkin on the table and hold it as tight as I can. I need something to hold on or I'll break down. The waiter came back and hand over his card with the receipt.

"I'll take you home." I heard him but didn't register.

I didn't move even an inch. I stayed in my seat for a while until he got up and hold my left arm supporting me to stand but I didn't follow. My eyes focused on my ring finger. I'm wearing the diamond ring he gave me six months ago when he asked my hand for marriage.

My hands were trembling but I gather the strength to take off the ring from my finger and put it on the table. He watch me as I pick up my wallet and walk straight out of the door without looking back.

I breath some air when I was out of the restaurant. I took my phone and called Russel to get me.

I want to cry all the pain out right there but I know I can't stop it if I started it so I tried hard to contain myself while waiting for the car.