V - Challenge Accepted

"Thank you, Russ. You're just on time." I said with relief while I'm sitting at the backseat.

He smirk in response to my words of gratitude. I know when he smirk like that. He got ideas in mind that I don't like. Not on my advantage usually.

I know he's kinda intrigued with what he saw a while ago. I can't imagine how I escaped from Harris' arms the moment I heard the honking of the car.

"Don't utter a word if you don't have anything good to say." I warned him as I divert my eyes on the street.

"Who was that?" he finally asked.

"My ex-assistant." I answered shortly without taking my eyes off the street.

"Ex? On your first day in the office? You already fired someone? That's interesting!"

"I don't wanna talk about it. He made me want to kill someone."

"Hmmm! I hope the next time I fetch you,  that won't be in prison."

"No,  that won't happen. I won't see him again." I assured Russel.

"Well,  that's great! You can focus on work. So where do you wanna have lunch?" he asked.

He's always like that. Always asking me what I want. Always trying to pamper me which he never failed to do successfully.

"Something we haven't tried yet. I need a quick lunch, Russ. I have a meeting at 2pm."

"Okay! Quick it is!" he replied and went silent for the next couple of minutes.

He brought me to a newly opened Italian restaurant at 5th street. The food and the place was awesome spiced with a good conversation with Russel. He made me laugh a few times just like before.

I admit it was good to be doing this stuff with him again but I suddenly remember Aaron.

I started to think of him again after sixteen hours of being separated. I wonder how is he right now. What is he doing and who's with him eating lunch?

I'm sure as he'll that he's with that woman he said he loved more than me.

I sighed in defeat. Why do I have to recall everything? The words he uttered that struck my heart like sharp blades. The look he gave me that's almost lifeless. And the whole act itself which killed me over and over again every time I remember it.

"I guess we have to go, Russ." I told him without looking t him in the eye as I wipe my mouth with the table napkin.

"Something's wrong?" he inquired without moving from his seat.

"Nothing to be worry about. I just have to be back in the office. I have a meeting at one." I answered trying to be as casual as I can.

"Forget him! He don't deserve you." it came like a warning from him that made me stiffened.

"I know! Let's go!" I answered as I stood up from my seat and walked towards the door.

I can feel him following behind me after a minute.

We were silent during the whole trip back to my office. I know he's not happy with my sudden change of mood but I can't help it. It's too early to forget everything I've been through last night.

"I have to go to your father's office in a while. Just ring me if you're ready to head home later." he instructed when the car came to a halt in front of the hotel building where I hold my office as the new CEO.

"I will, Russ." I answered as I was about to open the door only to find it still locked.

"One more thing, rehire your ex assistant. He's a good diversion." words that made me raise an eyebrow and look at his direction.