II - Meeting my boyfriend!

My morning was uneasy. I'm sitting in the backseat with Russel on the wheels but it feels like I have a diarrhea. I move around my seat thinking what to do when Dad introduce me as the new CEO.

Just the same in bed last night. After I cried my tears because of the pain I felt for what Aaron did, I tossed and turn inviting some sleep till dawn imagining my life as the new CEO starting today.

"What's the matter?" Russel asked without taking a glance at me. He's all eyes on the road as he drove the SUV to 4G Hotels.

"Russ, can I really do this?"

"Why not?"

"Don't you think it's too early?"

"Nothing's early when you're ready and capable."

"You think I am?"

"I believe you are, so stop fidgeting in your seat. I felt like I wanna vomit."

Russel is impossible! He believes I am capable? Why can't I convince my own self to believe it. What is wrong with me?

"Relax! Your father knows what he's doing." It's all I need to stop and breathe deeply.

Russel park the car at my designated spot as the new CEO. Aunt Claire's car was parked at the guest's area.

This is it! There's no turning back now. I have to face this.

Russel open the door for me but I did not move an inch in my seat.

"What are you waiting for?New Year's Eve?"

"Do I look good, Russ?" I ask him as I took a step down the car with my cream stilettoes. It match my cream turtle neck body con dress which runs an inch below my knees. It has cherry blossom accent on the hemline. I paired it with my pearl earrings and a 24 karat rolex watch on my wrist.

"Nothing's ordinary when you carry it. You're fabulous! So better lift your butt out and go up. You're getting late."

He always know how to boast my ego.

I took the elevator at the parking lot and went straight to 28th floor. That's where Aunt Claire hold her office.

I remember her words last night when she called me to thank me for accepting the position. She told me how grateful she is and Dad that I took it.

She's my father's favorite sibling. Like me, she's the only girl in the family with her four brothers around. Dad is the eldest and Aunt Claire is the youngest.

I was tapping my left foot while fanning myself with my right hand.

"Stop that!"

"I'm sorry. I can't help it."

"This is your life now. Go on or go home. That's your only choice."

"I know, Russ. I just can't help it. I'm nervous like I don't know why."

"Normal reaction but don't be too obvious."

He's right. I managed my own business on my own, though it's small but I guess I did great coz we are still in the industry right now.

The ping of the elevator snatch me back to reality. It opened and I am now facing a coffee brown door at the end of the hallway. The golden letters embellished on the top of the door says "Chief Executive Officer" slap me with the truth that it will be my sweet haven starting today.

"You're fine here." It's Russel's way of saying goodbye for a while to do my job.

"Thanks, Russ. I'll be fine, right?" I uttered with a smile as I wave goodbye to Russel who took the elevator down.