III - Introducing the CEO!

Cold sweat run down my spine. I can't think right the moment I heard his name.

My assistant's name is Lucho? That pervert LUCHO? The Lucho I just kissed a while ago? Oh my God! This is not happening. I just kissed my assistant in front of that Tessa? No! Maybe they just had the same name. I must not over think it.

"Graciella? Did you hear me?" My father snapped his fingers in front of my face.

"Dad? I'm sorry. What is it again?" I was like transported to other world.

"I said everyone's waiting for us at the conference room. Let's go."

"Oh.. Ahm.. Okay Dad." I stuttered thinking that he's one of "everyone" that Dad just said.

I can't get him out of my head. What if he's the same LUCHO I had encountered this morning? How will I face him? How will I work with him? Why of all people? Why him? A lot of questions that I cannot answer right at the moment.

Father lead me to the conference room and I followed. I have to relax, find a way to solve this mess. I hope he hasn't come back yet after following Tessa.

I compose myself and hold on to my silver Hermes purse which contain my phone and some stuffs.

A young woman standing outside the conference room open the door for us after she greeted us good morning. I nod and follow my father inside. The conference was twice the size of my office with a long coffee brown table in the middle surrounded with chairs.

All the seats were almost taken by men and women who were obviously department heads. My father took the vacant seat at the head of the table while I took the first seat on the left. I settle myself and wear my smile when I look at the people in the room when I was surprised to see the man sitting opposite to me.

It's him! That pervert who snatched me a while ago. The man I kissed this morning. Holy crap! He smiled looking at me directly in the eye. All my smiles fade in an instant after seeing him.

"Good morning everyone! I hope you are all well this morning." I heard Dad's voice echoed in the middle of silence but I can hear the fast beating of my heart more than his voice upon seeing the man I encountered this morning.

"I know this is a surprise meeting for all of you and I appreciate your attendance today despite the urgency." He continued and I swallowed a lump in my throat as I retract my line of sight from the man sitting opposite to me and focused on my father.

"I would like to formally announce my sister Claire's resignation to attend to some health matters. I will take this opportunity to introduce our new CEO, my daughter Graciella Antoniette Garducci. Maybe some of you already know my daughter but for some who don't know her yet, I will let her introduce herself. Sweetheart please do the honor." I smile sweetly before I stand up and started introducing myself.

The people around were all smiling at me while I am all but tense with the situation. I tried to be as calm as I could while they started introducing themselves one by one after I did mine.

I know they're all important people but not ever name and positions registered in my head. His looks made me really really tense like he's undressing me. I look away as much as possible trying not to meet his eyes even once but my luck is really my luck when it was his turn to introduce himself.

It would be unprofessional if I will not look at him nor smile at him which I did with the others and it left me no choice but meet his eyes.

"Lucho Harris, you're assistant." was his brief introduction without further details. I waited if he got something more to add but he just look at me and smiled.