Chapter 5

Alex watched the events in front of her in utter shock. Her sister was being slowly strangled by Metallo until a woman exited L corp and shot a strange laser beam at him as she shouted

"Send my regards to mother."

and Metal fell of of Kara, momentarily stunned. Before Alex could run to her sister, she watched the villain stagger to stand up, obviously injured as he shot into the air as a final getaway. All the agents stared after him as escaped into the sky, but Alex couldn't care less as she rushed to her sister's side. Kara wasn't moving, Alex wasn't even sure she was breathing until she saw the slight, shaky rise of her chest, and Alex breathed a sigh of relief as she took her sister into her arms.

"It's going to be okay Super-girl, you're going to be okay, I've got you, I've got you."

Alex looked around at the still shocked agents before she began barking out orders.

"Pull it together agents and get to work, we need to take Super-girl to headquarter. NOW MOVE."

Alex felt a pair of eyes watching her as she cradled her unconscious sister, and as she looked up she made eye contact with the curious stranger who had stunned Metallo.

"Thank you Ms..."

"Luthor. Lena Luthor."

Alex tried to hide her shock as she addressed her own sister's nemesis.

"Well thank you for your assistance Ms. Luthor, we can handle the rest from here-"

"Obviously you people couldn't, but that's not the point." Lena said with an aire of insult but mostly frustration.

"All I'm saying is that you know Metallo wasn't here for Super-girl, so I would appreciate if you didn't involve yourselves in business that does not pertain to you."

Alex looked at the youngest Luthor with shock on her face, completely speechless as Lena continued.

"I do hope Super-girl is alright, but please let me handle my own affairs, thank you officer."

Alex almost protested her, but realized of course her cover up was an officer, and Kara was her main priority at the moment, not digging up dirt on the Luthor. Instead she watched the woman strut confidently back into L Corp without so much as a single glance back, never giving Alex a chance to speak. She held on to Kara, comforting her sister, even while she was unconscious, as they loaded her onto the unmarked DEO medical van unit. While Alex hadn't become a doctor, she was grateful for the medial opportunities her job provided her, making sure there was never a dull moment. As they drove off towards the DEO, Alex called up Winn to make sure Kara's new boss knew she wouldn't be back for a few days because of an accident, before she refocused on her sister who breathed shallowly in her arms. Alex wasn't completely worried, as long as Kara kept breathing, but she knew this would have taken a toll on her body. For Kara, the next few days consisted of quietly laying under the constricting sun lamps as her sister brought her favorite foods and updates on the outside world, even letting her friends visit once she could finally sit up. Alex told her about Lena Luthor's surprising and totally confusing heroics, to which Kara found equally as unprompted, until she remembered the last things Metallo had whispered in her ear. Kara shuddered as she recounted his exact words back to her.

"I came here on behalf of Cadmus, for Luthor, not you. But I am never above killing a super."

Alex sighed in frustration

"We still haven't found any information on Cadmus, they're a little too good at covering up their tracks... until then, all we know is that Lillian is in charge, possibly Lex's puppet, and we have no idea how Lena fits into the equation."

Kara nodded along as Alex thought out loud, while wondering what connections Lena Luthor could possibly have to the underground science cult. Did she secretly give them supplies, did they work together, what was really going on. Kara was always one to give people the benefit of the doubt, but something about Lena confused her and left her brain a spiraling mess, she couldn't make sense of any of it.
It took Kara three days to recover enough for work, but when she did, she wasn't sure if she had a job as she entered Snapper's job timidly. The office was empty except for her disgruntled boss, but she had decided to get there early and present her work.

"Sir... I wrote about the fight that took place between Metallo and Super-girl... I have first hand accounts and everything, I was working on it while I was sick..."

He didn't even look up as grunted out a sarcastic laugh.

"You leave the supply closet a mess and fall of the face of the DAMN EARTH and expect me to feel bad for you and publish a crappy superhero fan fiction you wrote? Nice try."

Kara held back her frustrated tears as she shot back

"Look, I've been sick and still working on an article for you and the least you could do is take your eyes off your computer for five seconds and read something that would capture someones interest, but the success of your writing column is none of my business is it?"

Kara took a deep breath, her own force shocking even her, but it seemed to work as he took the paper silently, glaring at her until averting his eyes to the written piece. In a few moments he spoke again

"Cut down your 'to be' verbs, use a damn thesaurus, and get an interview with Lena Luthor if you want me to look at your garbage again. A Luthor saving a Super is a true story."

Kara nodded enthusiastically as he continued

"If you want your job when you walk in this building tomorrow, I want you to have this in to me before midnight, no excuses. And next time Ms. Danvers, I won't go so easy on you."

Kara nodded bouncing out of his office before a thought struck her: an interview with Lena Luthor?

Oh shit.

A/N: hey guys:) I am going to update when each chapter gets over 25 views! Leave a comment and lemme know what you think!