Chapter 11

A/N: sorry I don't have relevant photos, so just enjoy one of my favorite songs that Katie ended up staring in the music video for which is precious.

Alex realized there was something up with Kara when her sister ditched lunch with her for the THIRD time that week to bring Lena Luthor coffee. She knew she was keeping herself busy as the DEO investigated location after location of empty warehouses searching for Cadmus, but still. She tried to pretend that it wasn't bother her, but as Maggie bought her a beer on the third night, she noticed something was off with Alex too.

"Babe are you okay?"

Alex's head snapped up as Maggie broke her out of deep thought

"Me? Yes. Fine. I mean, yes, I am fine."

Maggie rolled her eyes as she sat

"Obviously you aren't, but if you don't want to talk about it, we don't have to, but you better not be keeping juicy gossip from me."

Alex smiled gratefully at her girlfriend, taking a swig of her beer

"It's just...Kara. She's been spending so much time over at Lena's and I don't know... it's just weird I guess."

Maggie couldn't help but laugh at her jealous girlfriend

"Are you upset that your sister replaced you with a Luthor?"

Alex looked at Maggie, and the small cop stopped laughing immediately when she recognized the glare she was getting.

"Alex... you think she might be gay?"

Alex sighed exasperatedly

"I don't know, I don't want to assume, plus IM the gay sister!!!"

Maggie wrapped her arm around Alex's shoulder pulling her into her as Alex rested her head on Maggie's shoulder in defeat.

"Babe, A. There can be more than one gay sibling. B. You're not blood related so there's that. C. She really liked James... just let her come to you. You know that more than anyone."

Alex nodded, lifting her head off her girlfriends shoulder to place a kiss on her cheek. Maggie smiled a beautiful, bright grin that always made Alex blush, before she kissed Alex's forehead gently.

"I love you, I hope you know that."

"Of course, I love you too."

Alex smiled contently before her head shot up.

"SHIT. ITS KARA'S EARTH BIRTHDAY."

Maggie just laughed at her forgetful girlfriend.

"Babe I know, I picked up a cupcake in case you forgot, which apparently was a good call. Its in the fridge at home."

Alex sighed gratefully again before kissing her girlfriend and jogging out of the bar.

It took her almost an hour to make it to Kara's apartment, but it was worth it to see her sister's excited face as she held the lit cupcake in front of her.

"Happy Earth Birthday."

Kara wore pajamas, but hugged her sister gratefully before dragging her inside the apartment.

Alex didn't even have time to set the cupcake down before Kara had snarfed it down, but as they sat on the sofa, Kara sighed in exasperation.

"Kara is everything okay? That's not the sound of someone who just had an amazingly awesome cupcake on their birthday as their amazingly awesome sister sits gloriously before them."

Kara giggled at Alex's antics before trying to get her thoughts out

"I'm fine its just- I- um... I can't- I don't know."

She threw her hands in the air in frustration, not knowing how to talk to Alex about this, and pulled a pillow over her face in embarrassment.

Alex grabbed one of her hands, holding it tightly

"Kara you can talk to me about anything, you know that."

Kara slowly lowered the pillow, her shy and apprehensive expression reminding Alex of the days before she was ever "Super-girl" and more like the awkward middle schooler who had a hard time adjusting to earth.

"I...I.... IthinkImightbegay?"

Kara said it so rushed that Alex barely had time to process, but she continued even though Alex's face was completely frozen in shock.

"Okay so maybe not like full gay but I'm not sure I've never talked to anyone about this and I liked James but I don't know I think I might like Lena too and... I'm so confused, this wasn't something we talked about on Krypton... on earth everything is so confusing."

Tears started welling up in Kara's eyes, which shook Alex from her shocked state. She hugged her sister tightly as she sobbed on her shoulder, rubbing her back soothingly just as she had done when Kara was a kid.

"Kara, its fine. Totally normal actually. You might be bisexual, or maybe pansexual, I don't know, thats for you to figure out. But it's okay, I promise you'll always have me to love you and talk to you."

Kara pulled back, tears blurring her bright blue eyes as she looked at her sister

"Thank you."

Her voice shook gently and Alex's heart broke for her sister, knowing how hard it was to figure yourself out, and what a hard time Kara was having with all of it, as if being an alien superhero wasn't enough to deal with as it was. But looking at the clock, Alex knew that Kara had work to attend to.

"I hate to ruin the moment for you, but I think you have somewhere to be for evening protection?"

Kara looked over at the clock, gasping.

"Lena!"

She changed at super speed, hugging her sister again before making her way out the window, like weird deja vu, making her way through the night sky, towards L Corp.

Kara had spent much more time with the captivating CEO over the week. She'd stop by with Lena's favorite black coffee as reporter Kara, and at night she would stop by Lena's lonely office and talk with Lena as her alter ego, Super-girl.

Kara had found that keeping her two personas separate was incredibly difficult, especially when they talked so much. Super-girl Kara had noticed that Lena had also spent much more time talking to her about the reporter Kara who would stop by her office. She was two people at once, and a part of her felt as though she was betraying Lena's trust, but it was all for her safety.... right?

As Kara landed on the balcony, she didn't see the familiar woman hunched over her desk, in fact, she was nowhere to be seen in the office. Kara walked in cautiously, quickly realizing something was very wrong.

Lena's usual glass of red wine was splattered across the clean white carpet, her chair was thrown to the side, and papers were everywhere.

Kara approached the desk, and saw a note scribbled on the back of a paper that made her blood run cold.

"You're a little late Super-girl. Better luck next time."

A/N: YOU GUYS. LAST NIGHTS EPISODE. there is no way that Kara or Lena are straight? Also? Not to be a hater but like mon el is absolutely destroying her storyline and idk? COMMENT HOW YOU FEEL BECAUSE I NEED A FRIEND WHO FEELS THIS WITH ME.