Prologue

The trailer is above in the media section

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The day I received my acceptance letter from Penn State University, I felt my world crumble around me, making way for a new one. A world where I was an independent adult taking on challenging assignments and making friends, bonding over lack of sleep due to studying late nights. And even though there would be more hardships than moments of tranquility, I knew that it'd all be worth it in the end. Because the end was the part where my real life would kick off. I already had the rest of my life mapped out.

Once graduated, I would use my professors' praises and recommendations while on the search for internships that would lead to a full-ledged job in the world of psychology, like hospitals, clinics, even community health centers. It didn't matter where I worked as long as I had the chance to live out my aspiration of helping people. It's been my dream since I was nine years old, and I was more than prepared to take on any obstacle that dared step in my way.

All up until I actually arrived at the intimidating school I felt sure and ready. I had the days planned ahead, my phone cleared for future reminders, and my mind sizzling for information. And although I didn't want it to get to me, the nerves, I smiled through everything. Through the sweats gathered while in orientation, to the long stares at weeping parents parting from their children, even to the middle of my dorm I'd be residing in for four whole years, minus holidays. The nerves - I can still remember it, still feel it as it bubbled in my gut and sent a wave of lightheadedness into my brain. But I lessened in anxiety and began my long trail on the course of my goals.

I was doing fine, great even. Until one special night. One stupid, stupid night I wish I could erase from my existence. It was the night that I met him; the boy with charcoal eyes and an even darker soul - Grey Wyler. He was like a night in shining obsidian. Dressed in black from head to toe, he resembled the grim reaper. And that night, he came to claim something I was saving for someone deserving, someone my parents would drool over - my Heart.

I didn't see him coming. He wasn't in my plan whatsoever. There was no space for him either - he was a chink in my blueprint. However, although he was a minor speed bump in a seemingly flat road, he ignited something within me with no extinguisher to diminish the raging flames. He sparked life in me and I wasn't sure if I disliked it or not, because it made me feel different - alive.

Whenever I want to ponder over his sudden presence in my life, and if I'd change it or not. I liked to think that he hindered my plans and screwed everything up. It was easy to put the blame on him. But then I really think. I'd think about the good times and how he made me feel, then come to the conclusion that I just don't know.

All I knew was that after Grey, I didn't just see black and white anymore. I saw him. 

Follow me on Instagram (authorawhite) for sneak peeks and posts for this story!