Chapter Five

The trailer is above in the media section

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Are you really thinking of wearing that?" Jaimie criticizes the lavender turtleneck in my hands.

"What's wrong with it?" I frown and clutch the cashmere fabric. It's one of my favorite tops. Its fabric is soft to the touch and the color makes my eyes look like diamond oceans, according to Louise. I trust her more than anyone else in the world. So I am quick to defend the thin sweater.

"Nothing, it's just - it's a little too... posh," she says, unsurely.

"Oh, so I should wear something like Julia?" I nod my at Julia, who is flicking through her phone whilst popping bubblegum obnoxiously loud. She's wearing a leather corset, styled with pitch black skinny jeans and combat boots. Julia is admittedly exceptionally attractive. Her skin is fair, with full lips and a set of high cheekbones and strong eyebrows. Her light-colored brown eyes are complimented with a dark lining of eyeliner and eyeshadow.

I'd never be as bold as her to dress like that. Just imagining myself dressed in something like that makes me ridiculously uncomfortable. I change the image of myself in this turtleneck and the bad nerves go away. I look more like myself. Sensible. Not like a burlesque dancer.

"Not exactly..." Jaimie trails. She walks over to the closet, and I look over what she is wearing.

Jaimie is a gorgeous girl. She has olive colored skin that makes her naturally plump pink lips and chocolate-colored eyes pop. Her makeup accentuates her beauty, and her raven hair runs down her back in soft curls. She's wearing a purple dress that hugs her plenty curves, and stands high in five-inch heels. I can only imagine the pain her ankles will be in tomorrow.

"What about... this?" she turns around with a short, striking red dress in her hands. My heart skips a beat at the risqué material. It's pretty but it's incredibly short, for my taste, and too... out there. The dress is not my style and it most certainly is not going to be worn by me.

"Not my taste," I tell her in the most polite way possible. She frowns, and I stand next to her and skim my clothes for something to wear. I tap my chin in contemplation before I find a perfect top. "This is more like it."

"This?" Jaimie makes a face. A not too pleasant face.

"What?" I look down at the silk blouse with ruffles. "Matched with some khaki's and ballet flats and it'll be a perfect outfit. Simple yet sophisticated."

Julia scoffs. "You do know we're not going to a job interview at Ms. Kiss-ass incorporations, right?"

"Julia," Jaimie hisses, picking up and throwing a throw pillow at her girlfriend. Julia merely shrugs and goes back to scrolling through her phone like this was boring her to death.

"It's not that bad," I mutter under my breath, holding the blouse to my chest. I walk over to my bed and consciously take off my clothes, but they're too busy bickering to notice. I can't help but think about what they said, about my blouse. But then I decide I don't care. I won't change how I look for people who wear leather and black like they're apart of the four horseman of the apocalypse.

When I'm dressed and apply a small layer mascara and lip balm, we head out. Waiting in the front is the rude boy whose smoking a cigarette, looking rigid and bothered. I go to rip my eyes away from the rude boy, but standing beside him is someone I don't know and am very aware of him the closer we get to the black mustang they're leaning against.

"Took you long enough." The rude boy throws the exhausted cigarette to the ground and stomps it out using his tough biker boots. "Get inside before I change my mind and let your asses walk."