Chapter Four

Remember to Vote, Comment & Share

The trailer is above in the media section

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

After the orientation, I follow the signs back to the dorm building. On the way up in the elevator, I pray that the girl's aren't in the room, or they've left. They don't seem like the type to stay in and spend the night away from the parties that have already begun.

In my head, I'm already picking which book I will read tonight, in hopes of drowning out the persistent partying surrounding the campus. Maybe they'll be understanding and keep the noise to a minimum? But then again, they're reckless and young and probably have never heard of compassion when it comes to throwing parties.

When I arrive at the room, Julia is laying back on her bed on her phone. "Hi." I politely wave at her. She doesn't even glance toward me. I don't mind, though. It would have rude of me to just walk in and not say something to her.

Using the folded bedspread the school placed on the foot of the bed, I spread the bed and fluff the pillows before setting them next to each other. After running my hands across the white comforter twice, making sure there aren't any wrinkles, I bend in front of one of my luggages and unzip it. I walk back and forth between the dresser I'm given and the luggage.

Putting away the clothes goes by quickly since I folded the clothes before even placing them into the luggage. I do the same with delicate clothes such as dresses and jeans, hanging them on the right side of the small closet. Julia has most of the left side brimming with leather pants and tight tops. I nearly shudder imagining myself in those type of clothes. I'd no doubt look ridiculous.

As I bend down to place a handful of converses, both high and low tops, on the floor, I spot a lace boot sprawled on the floor. I neatly place my shoes on my side, straightening them side by side. I try to ignore the in-symmetrical object, but give into my nagging mind and straighten the shoe.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" someone barks, and I whip my head back to face Julia's red face.

"I - I was just fixing your shoe. I'm sorry," I stammer over my words, but they don't appease the fuming girl.

"Don't touch my shit. It's one thing to get stuck with a girl who looks like she irons out her panties, but it's another thing if you touch my shit."

"I didn't mean to upset you." I put my hands up in defense, and she rolls her eyes and falls back onto her bed. I make a mental note to stay out of her way, even though we are roommates. She's got a real temper, and I don't want to spark that ever again. I don't do well with confrontation because I 1. Don't know what to do in a situation like that, and 2. Am afraid it would lead to physical violence, which I also do not bode well with.

I walk over to the desk on my side of the room and sit down, still feeling the erratic heartbeat from her yelling at me. But by the grace of my planner, the tension ceases and I distract myself with planning tomorrow.

I'm finishing the last plot point for tomorrow, when the door to the dorm opens and Jaimie announces. "Guess who's back from pissing and getting burritos? Not in that order, per say, but you know what I mean."

"Guess who doesn't give a shit?" Julia barks back.

Jaimie laughs, and I look in my peripheral vision to see Jaimie leaning down to peck Julia's forehead. "Who the hell pissed in your Cheerios?"

"Oh, just the girl who's acting so innocent and writing in her diary." The hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

I hear a slap. "Stop being so mean."