Chapter Three

The trailer is above in the media section

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I try to speak, but no words come out. All that does escape my lips is a pathetic squeal. I have no idea what to say because I've never been in a situation like... this, before. I just smack a hand over my mouth and inch out of the room, crashing against the wall opposite the door. I rub my head and wring out my hands, trying to assess what the cordial thing to do is.

Not even an hour in college and I'm already dumbfounded by all the things I did not pencil into my planner. I didn't pencil in being told a secret I believe my mother kept from me. I didn't pencil in discovering I'd be living among hormonal raging boys. And I definitely didn't pencil in walking in on two girls doing... having... engaging in oral sex. I wish I can just forget I ever saw it, but I don't think that'll be possible.

But I do need to put it aside and address the matter, because I do live here with one of those girls. Though, I could just wait it out... no. I stop that train of thought before it even gathers good distance.

Sucking in a deep breath, I walk over to the door and knock, which I should have done in the first place. But how was I supposed to know I would walk in on what I did?

I hear a low curse then ruffling of sheets. "Come in."

"You've got this, Liv," I whisper to myself.

I push the door open again and flitter my eyes anywhere they aren't. "Hi, I'm Olivia. Your roommate..." It's shocking that they aren't even trying a little bit to cover themselves. They're free with their open posture and teasing smiles.

A giddy chuckle causes my eyes to land on the two girls under the sheets. The girl with glowing brown skin and messy brown hair eyes me up and down. "Well, shit. Why didn't you tell me you were going to get a hot roommate?"

My roommate slaps the other girl's hand, cocking her head as she, too, examines me. "I didn't know what she looked like, Jaimie." The girl sighs and says, "I'm Julia, but you can call me Jules. I'll be your roommate for the next two years, until I find a way to get my own place. No offense, but I don't appreciate having some stranger in my space."

"Please, ignore her attitude: she's just a pissy woman." The other girl, Jaimie, explains, and laughs and kisses the back of Julia's hand when she playfully hits her chest.

I nod and, unsure of what to say, drag my luggage to the only other bed, that's on the left side of the quaint room. I briefly cringe at the deep blue that covers the walls. I wonder if I'm allowed to re-paint the walls.

"So, you a freshman?" I sit down on the edge of my twin bed and nod.

"Yeah, fresh blood, here." I sputter out a giggle but it turns into coughs. The girls glance at each other, stifling laughter. I'm really uncomfortable. I think I should leave. No. I know I should the way they keep raising their brows at me. I shoot to my feet and tug at the bottom of my dress. "So, um, I'll, uh, leave you guys to it. I have to get to orientation anyway." I jab my finger toward the door. "I'll - I'll be back." I start for the door.

"Take your time." One of the girls, I think Jaimie, calls out, as I close the door behind me. I lean against the door, completely mortified. I'm not against gay or lesbian relationships in anyway, but having seen what I did, I have goosebumps and a rapid heart. I can only pray that since I interrupted their... moment, Julia will carry out whatever action they desire elsewhere. I'm not trying to be rude, I just don't want to impose.

Determined to follow through today's itinerary as planned, I pull out the map of campus as I enter the elevator. I'm still a little put off from what I walked in on, but hopefully, sticking to the rest of my plans will put me in a better mood. After all, what's better than having an entire day planned? You wouldn't have to worry about trying to remember what you had to do next if you had it written down. And best of all, you can list activities in alphabetical order or time.