Chapter Ten

Remember to Vote, Comment & Share

The trailer is above in the media section

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

MONDAY MORNING I WAKE up with a shout. My heart is in my throat and my chest is in my stomach. I endured a nightmare like I do every single night, but this time I felt it a tad more. The pills I take before bed are meant to lessen the pain and reaction my body makes before and after I wake up. Originally though it's meant to stop it all completely or at least dull the sensation my traumatic sensory of my brain needs to project the tragic event. But since I went under so much stress and altercation after it happened, it doesn't do that. But it does help. A little. And I'd rather it help a little than not at all.

As I rub my temples to get rid of the aching throbbing, I make a mental note to ask my doctor to up the strength of the pills. If I could, I'd take one, one thousand times stronger pill that would wipe out the event than have to take these little ones for the rest of my life. If I could, I'd forget it all...

"Do you get murdered in your sleep by Freddy Krueger or something?" Julia groans in annoyance, scrunching up her face, eyes drilled close.

"No, sorry. I just have..." her snores cut through my words, and I briefly smile, since I don't have to explain why I wake up in the middle of nightly screaming sometimes, and quietly pad out of the room, toiletry in hand.

After taking my time in the shower because it's so early in the morning and everyone's still asleep, I get dressed and leave for first class. That and the other four classes fly by with me paying sole attention to the professors and nearly scribbling every word that tumbles out of their mouths. Some may say it's excessive but I don't care. You may never know what information they secretly drop will be useful or come up on exams.

But the moment I step through the door to Psychology class, all the pent up anxiety fades away, and a smile makes its way onto my face. This is the one class that I mostly look forward to attending every day. I sit in my usual seat and take out my notebook and pen, ready to start today's lesson.

"Good morning, Princess," Grey says as he slides into the seat beside me, leaning over so he's a few inches away. I'm surprised but keep my composure. He usually stumbles into the class three-quarters in, sunglasses adorning his striking face. I can't, for the life of me, think of why he's here now, and early at that.

"It was until you got here," I mutter, signing my name in the right corner of a new page in my notebook.

He chuckles but I don't pay him any attention. "Why so rude?"

"Why so next to me?" I look at him. "You sit in the back doing God knows what. Why are you sitting here now?"

"Because I feel like it." He throws up his hands and leans back in the chair. "And because you intrigue me."

I roll my eyes and watch as students begin coming in. Maybe he'll just realize everyone will be able to sleep and revert to the back. But until that happens I wonder why exactly he decided to sit next to me in the first place.

"Did you not hear me?" he's next to my face, and feeling my heart jump in surprise, I lean forward and turn and push him back. He chuckles madly and twirls the seat on his right and sets it in front of him before placing his feet in the chair.

"You can't do that," I hiss, watching Ms. James walk briskly into the room, apologizing for being late. "Take your feet off of there. It's disrespectful." I lean over and try to push his feet off, but he clicks his tongue on the roof of his mouth and raises the leg closer to me. He looks at me, mischief written all over his face.