Chapter 4

Chapter 4

In front

Noong mga unang araw ko sa NY, hindi ko maiwasang mamalagi sa High Line para lang pagmasdan ang mga ginagawa ng tao mula sa baba nito. Watching them above here, it kinda give me chills. Hindi ko rin alam kung bakit. You saw how the city moves time to time. It is rapidly changing but it is peaceful place. The park is a modern art. Walking here gives me time to think without some thoughts intervening me. It is a place away to the city somehow. Kahit na kapag tumitingin ka sa baba nito, makikita mo ang ilang nagmamadaling tao, the hassles of traffic, those towers na kala mo kaya mong abutin. Everything is a freaking art to admire. I like to watch the stars here at night and gaze the Hudson River. Probably my fave things to do here in High Line. The place is giving me a view of the river and city below. So fucking expensive scenery though.

High Line is train track turned into a park. The park runs stretch on the West side of Manhattan. Thirtieth Street from tenth street avenue then curving at the West Side to run up to thirty fourth street, you could have view the river. Sa paglakad mo palang along the way, the flowers are everywhere, lalo na sa rail. I could just sigh, admiring those beauties, you know. It makes me happy. It makes me taste liberation on my own. But I miss my family, of course. Sa email ni kuya, sinabi niya na nasa Italy na raw sina Mommy saka si Daddy. Hindi niya sinabi kung sumama siya. Maybe, he has business to think about in Manila.

I unconsciously folding the paper, making a bird out of it. Hindi rin mawala ang tingin ko kay Leigh na kanina pa nakamata sa baba, sa Hudson River. Me, sitting like I own the whole seat of the bench, I can't take my eyes off her. My heart couldn't stop beating so quick inside my chest. Sa sobrang lalim kasi ng iniisip niya baka magtangka na 'tong gumawa ng kung ano. If I am in her position, hindi ko rin alam kung ano ba talaga ang dapat gawin. Her grandfather sent her away from her family. That she only has her mother and her twin brother. They don't know about the father longing so much about her--them. I know my father is doing everything to help Tito Fernando. They are talking about business shit to surpass the Sys. I don't know about it yet, but I know it will just ring a bell. I am finger-crossing, it will fucking happen. And I am very sure of it. I want to see Leigh Scarlett Alegre smiles like it will be the end of the freaking world. I badly want to be her friend, you know. I want to know her so much. I want her to know that world could give you so much. That she doesn't need to follow any rules. That falling down sometimes and standing up more than sometimes are the best way to be stronger. I know I am not in the position to say shits like this, but...I want to see how those pair curved for happiness but not for apathy and fears, or sadness.

I sighed. Inalisan ko siya ng tingin at minata ang paper bird na ginawa ko. Time's up. I'm done stalking her. Papalubog na rin kasi ang araw. And the city view is spectacular. Alam kong papanoorin pa ni Leigh iyon. I don't want to creep the damn out of her. Kahit ganitong pagkakataon, nakikita ko ang ginagawa niya. I could email tito Fernando that her daughter is doing fine.

Tumayo na 'ko at kinuha ang nagawa kong bird. I rested it on my palm, walking. Kulay kahel ang kapaligiran, Mr. Big Sun did his part today and so am I. I am happy that the day went okay. Just fine according to what I've expected. I had ignored Wave text messages, but I only replied to Davina, inviting me to come over to their apartment, sa kanila ni Felicity. But I need to decline their kind offer to me. I have a mission today! Duh! Pizza over everything else, right? I need to go to Emily to devour their pizza. I required myself to go over there and sit my ass down there. Medyo malapit lang naman iyon sa bahay. 15 minutes walk or maybe more than. Matagal tagal na byahe rin iyon mula rito sa kinalalagyan ko.