{1}

Chapter 1

Fourteen or fifteen months... that's how long you've been with the company. Which meant once a month for the past fourteen or fifteen months, you have had your lovely week of absolute pain and discomfort, because apparently there is no benefits to jumping worlds. The first time it happened, you freaked out. Because I mean, you were used to using pads and whatnot... but here, there was nothing to save you, not even toilet paper.

You ended up stealing one of the dwarves' underwear the first time, you couldn't quite remember who's it was, but you do remember them looking for it.

Ahh, what lovely times. You craved things that you couldn't have because they don't exist in this world, but by the Gods you even went as far as to try to make some pizza, but alas, you failed to do so seeing as to how you couldn't gather all the ingredients, and you didn't even know how to make one.... it was a sad day indeed.

But moving along to more brighter terms. Over these months that you've been with the company, they've taught you how to properly fight, instead of swinging your sword at whatever moves and hoping that you hit it.

Of course it was difficult in the beginning, but over the months, you've managed to mix techniques to match your skill sets, although, as sad as it is, you aren't the best at archery, I mean, you could hit the target, but it wouldn't be even close to the bulls eye. Even if you would never admit to it of course.

For the first few months that you had been free, Thorin always seemed to be surprised to see you every morning, almost as if he had expected you to run off during the night, but over time, he got used to it, although every time his gaze landed on your wrists or back, they seemed to glaze over with an unreadable expression.

Speaking of your wrists and back, there are now a lot of scars everywhere on your backside after they finally healed, it was a pain in the ass trying to do anything that involved moving at certain angles when they were scabbed over. Long, ugly, palish-pink scars ran down your back, if someone were to trace their hand over them, you most likely wouldn't feel it, since the scars ran deep, but there were some smaller scars that littered the skin as well, but you could still feel the bumps of scar tissue over every scar on your body.

Anyone who were to look at your wrists, would know that you were once a prisoner, because like your back, ugly, bumpy, pink scars surrounded the once tender skin on your wrists, which is now rough from the wilderness. Sometimes, when you were feeling nervous or just staring off into space, you would subconsciously start tracing the scars without realizing it, it was a new habit for you.

Of course, we can't forget about what happened to your ribs.

After your stupid decision to jump in front of Azog's mace. It seemed as though you had broken a few ribs, bruised your sternum, bruised some of your organs, and bruised your jaw. It probably wasn't worth it.... but it was worth it.

Now that we're all mostly caught up to date here, let us start this, shall we?

A deep, almost tired, sigh left your chapped lips as the cold wind blew past you and your short, big footed companion, causing a shiver to run up your exposed spine. Yah, I forgot to mention, after all that abuse that you've put yourself through, large gashes now cut through the back of your shirt, literally screaming that you got the shit whipped out of you... and not to mention, you probably smelled rancid from not bathing properly and not changing your cloths.

But yah, the moment Thorin sent Bilbo to check for any Orcs on top of the mountain, you knew this was the beginning of the second movie.

The only real reason you decided to come with him to over look things, was because of how out of wack things have become since you arrived here on Middle Earth, I mean, some small things have changed from the movie and book, and some big things too, like how in the last book, Thorin didn't get his epic fail with Azog, but instead, got the hell knocked out of him by some other Orc's mace.

Everything seemed to have just gone haywire.

Like just now, Azog's pack had just stopped and began to sniff around, and instead of dunking like any normal person would, you had to literally make him dunk by slapping a hand over his mouth and dragging him behind a large rock, where you two stayed until they moved on.

"Seriously Bilbo," You said while you gazed up past the rocks to see that the pack had move on, "You need to pay attention, you could have been spotted!" You whisper-yelled at him as you finally removed your hand from his mouth, but not letting him get up from his sitting position.

You didn't notice the light blush that decorated his dirty face as he tried not to think about how close his body was to yours. "I-I'm sorry [Y/n], I-"

A sudden loud growl interrupted him as you glanced back over the rock, only to see a large bear like creature, you knew who he was, but you also knew that it would be a bad idea to get anywhere near him when he was in his bear-thing form.

You lightly shoved Bilbo while mouthing the word 'go', to which he obeyed and began to quietly sneak away down the side of the mountain, where the company would be waiting, you followed not far behind after hearing his fearsome roar.

Once you got to the company, Bilbo was already trying to tell them about the shape-shifter, that's when Gandalf intervened. "What form did it take?" He asked, with slight fear resting in his wise eyes. "Like a bear?"

"Ye-", Bilbo began to speak, but then was surprised by his answer, causing him furl his eyebrows, "Ye-yes, but bigger. Much bigger." He responded, looking back to Gandalf with a questioning look.

As you sat there, you were surprised when you heard someone talking to you. "What?" You asked snapping your head back up to face the one who was talking to you, which happened to be Gandalf himself.

"I said, have you heard of this beast and the place I speak of?" He spoke with a slight smile and a raised eyebrow as he rested on his staff.

Thorin turned to you with an eyebrow raised. "Is he friend or foe?"

"Well,", You began as you rubbed your wrist, "he's neither, it all just depends on his mood really. He'll help us... or he'll try to kill us." You shrugged your shoulders, almost like it wasn't a big deal at all compared to the doubtful faces around you.

This caused a problematic sigh to come from Thorin as he nodded to you and Gandalf. "What choice do we have?"

Almost on cue, a loud, more closer roar came from behind everybody. "None." Gandalf answered.

___________________

Welcome back to Middle Earth