{14}

Chapter 14

You watched in amusement as the everyone struggled their way out of the barrels again.

"What is this place?" Bilbo asked, walking very close behind you as to not get stepped on by the tall people around him, almost tempted to grab hold of your hand as you walked through the crowd.

Thorin was the one to answer him. "This, Mr. Baggins, is the world of Men." He spat in disgust at all the filth covered people around them, going to walk besides you, keeping close to where his shoulder almost brushed your arm.

____

You watched as the beat down occurred and everyone hid the bodies of the guards.

As much as you hated the Master of Lake Town, you absolutely loved the town's people and how they all worked together to work against the him.

"Well, I know her as much as any man in this town."

That was all you caught as one of the ladies hid you from sight by placing stuff on and around you, making you smile in amusement.

You thanked the ladies with money before carrying on to Bard's house.

___

Oh.. you've never felt so happy to be inside a house.

It was the first actual humanism house you've been in since you ended up in this god forsaken place.

"Da! Where have you-!" She stopped when she seen you walk into the house behind him.

"Sup, I'm your new parental figure." You couldn't help yourself but to say, the confusion on the little girls face was just perfect.

She turned to Bard and opened her mouth, but he spoke first. "No, she is not. Now son, get them in here." He told the boy who stood by his side.

You followed to help the boy, leaving Bard to explain what was happening.

Dwalin was already climbing out once you got down to the toilet area.

Poor Bilbo never looked so traumatized as you laughed and gripped him under his arms and began to haul him out of the toilet, making him let out a sort of huff and gripped your arms, shaking. And once you sat him down, he didn't even thank you as he waddled his way up the stairs.

One by one the everyone began coming into the house, until Thorin was all that was left to come up from the toilet.

And once you seen his head surface, you gripped the back of his shirt and began pulling him out, causing him to grunt and grip the rims of the toilet as you helped him out of the (very nasty) water.

He gripped your hand that you held out for him to grab, and pulled him the rest of the way out, but he tripped over the rim and fell flat on his front.

The boy from earlier laughed at this, while you chuckled and stood over Thorin, who was pushing himself back up, and helped in pulling him into a standing position by the underside of his arms, the same way you always do Bilbo.

He growled at the boy and muttered, what you could only assume was curses, in Dwarvish. A cherry red blush spreading across his face as he looked away and stormed his way upstairs.

____

'It is time, [Y/n]. We can wait no longer. The darkness descends faster the longer you wonder with Thorin's Company.'

The was a pause.

'Nin meld mellon... how it pains me to see you like this.... but you cannot save everyone, let him go. Set him on his destined path and save Middle-Earth once more... now... wake up.'

___

With a gasp, you tumbled off the chair you were previously sitting on.

But before you could so much as utter anything, a gleam of silver caught your eye before anything else did.

There, laying on table next to you, was Faer Blade.

A heavy, cold stone settled in your heart as you gazed along the blade of Faer Blade.

You knew what you needed to do... even if it pained you to do it.

And may they forgive you for it once this is all over...

___

Nin meld mellon
=
My dear friend

___