{15}

Chapter 15

You ran down the docks, towards the sound of voices and cheering.

It has to be done before you leave... you...

A painful feeling stabbed at your heart, almost as if trying to stop the words that ran through your head.

... you had to set him on the path of madness and death...

Everything you worked for, keeping everything from straying from the storyline, making sure no one died before their time, coming this far... it would all be for nothing if you were to follow your heart now, you would be a hypocrite. You would be eating your own words... how ironic.

"-with these Dwarves through great danger and if Thorin Oakenshield... gives his word..." Bilbo was speaking, vouching for Thorin.

"Excuse me. Pardon me. Coming through." You whispered to the people you passed, trying to get to the front.

"-will keep it."

Some people turned to you, while others simply moved aside.

Bard spotted you. "[Y/n]!" He grabbed you, not even bothering with the fact that you stole a pair of his clothes. "You are a Seer, and you must know what is to come if Thorin reaches the mountain!" He whispered to you, pushing you through the rest of the crowd, to the front.

When Thorin spotted Bard leading you towards him, his grin widened, but slightly faltered when Bard yelled over the crowd.

"All of you! Listen to me! You must listen! Have you forgotten what happened to Dale?" He shouted over the people, who now became silent with doubt.

His grip on your shoulder never lifting enough for you to slip away. Because you were regretting ever giving Bard a 'future seeing'.

"Have you forgotten those who died in the firestorm?!" He glanced around at all the faces of the people.

There was an uproar of people declaring that they have not forgotten.

"All for the ambitions of a mountain king! So riven by greed, he could not see beyond his own desire!" He yelled, now looking over at Thorin, who was growing angrier by the second. "And I have here a Seer!"

Oh... this can't be good.

Everyone went silent and stared at you with either fear or curiosity. "She will tell you how this will end! How the dragon will rain fire down upon us because of this King!"

Thorin was now boiling with anger. He couldn't stand how he held you by the shoulders, keeping you from going anywhere but in front of him. How he openly exposed you in front of a crowd. How he tried to use you against him. Thorin Oakenshield!

And not to mention how you were dressed in another man's clothing. Bard's clothing no less.

Just as he was about to shout at Bard to let you go. The Master's voice rang clear through the tensed air. "Now, now! We must not, any of us be to quick to lay blame." The Master suddenly looked down at you.

'Disgusting.' You thought to yourself as he pointed a nasty finger at you.

"Let us hear this, Seer. Hmm?" He raised an eyebrow at you, looking you up and down. "What are you to make of this? If you even are a Seer. Cousin of Bard!" His voice rising near the end.

There was a moment of silence before you finally opened your mouth, Bard's grip growing tighter by the minute. "I am not cousin of Bard. I came here with my friends." You looked over to the company, who smiled, looking prouder then ever to have been called your friends. "But... if this is to end in fire... then we shall all burn together."

Mutters rang through the crowd as they tried to figure out of what you had said was good or bad.

But either way, you whispered to Bard. "Thorin is doomed to go into the mountain... I cannot change the future... I am only here to keep it on track..." Was all you said before softly pushing his hands off of your shoulders and disappearing through the crowd while they were distracted. The only one to notice your disappearance, was Bilbo, who watched helplessly in the strong hug of his fellow comrades.

You didn't have or want to hear anymore to know how this was going to end... you needed to get ready to leave for Dol Guldur.

And in the shadows of Bard's house, you decided... you would leave when everyone went to sleep tonight.

____