{13}

Chapter 13

Thorin was being shady again, while you sat on the boat, freezing your ass off.

I mean, this wasn't exactly the weather for the raggedly clothes that you were wearing at the moment.

But on the plus side of things, no one had to fight over who gave up what money, because it was affordable now that you threw in some wine and shit.

"So, you are a seer then?" Bard asked quietly, keeping his eyes on the water ahead while occasionally steering away from something sticking out of the water.

"Yes, I suppose I am... and for the record, I am not getting into a barrel with fish, I'd rather sit out in the open, and you can just tell Eyebrows that I'm a distant cousin of your that came to visit or something like that." You said, also keeping an eye on things, specifically on the company, to make sure none of them tried to kill Bard or fall into the water.

He gave you a surprised look, but said nothing.

The Town was coming up ahead.

____

"Good morning Bard.. and um, who's the lady with you?" The paper man asked.

"Hm.. oh! That's my cousin [Y/n]! She's come to visit my kids from Rohan, but she's very tired from the long journey, so it would be best to get her home quickly before she faints in my boat." Bard laughed, and from the look on the other man's face, he believed it. He probably thought the shape of your clothes was from the journey.

"Of course, of course Bard! I didn't know you had a cousin from Rohan!" He exclaimed as he did his thing with the piece of paper. "There we are! All in order-!"

"Not. so. fast!" An annoying voice drawled out, snatching the paper from the man's outstretched hand. "Consignment of empty barrels from the Woodland Realm." He repeated, making your annoyance spike with every word. "But... They're not empty... are they?"

Even if you did know how it all played out. It didn't mean it didn't still make you pissed off, especially now that you had to deal with it in real life.

Fuck it.

"Don't you dare start pouring all of this out!" You shouted, drawing attention to yourself, which wasn't there before. "Don't think that I don't see what you're doing there with those guards!" By now, there were some on lookers curiously watching the scene that played out before them.

"And, who are you exactly?" He sneered at you, but at the same time, there was something else that rested in his eyes when he looked at you.

And it made you sick.

"Bard's cousin. From Rohan. Now let us through." You had to bite your tongue in order to keep from saying anything else that might get you thrown in a cell.

He paused, now noticing all the attention you had drawn to you guys, and growled in frustration, while you gave a smile of sweet satisfaction.

"Raise the gate!" The man yelled, also satisfied with the outcome.

"The Master has his eye on you! As will he you too, woman!" He spat. "You'd Do well to remember: We know where you live!"

"It's a small town, Alfrid. Everyone knows where everyone lives." Bard countered, causing you to give a laugh, watching Alfrid gape like a fish out of water.

Welcome to Lake Town.

___