Chapter One

"You ready to go, or what?" Harvey said, leaning on my door frame.

"Yeah yeah." I mumble, while putting on my backpack.

I look down at my feet while walking past Harvey, and I made my way downstairs.

Harvey is my uncle's friend. Jim Gordon is my Uncle. Detective Jim Gordon, at that. Harvey is actually his partner. Tough luck for the old Uncle Jimbo, ha!

"I'm going to tell your mother, we're heading out." Harvey says.

I ignore him, because i know him and my are a "thing". I may be an idiot at times, but I'm not completely stupid.

"I don't care." I say quite rudely.

Harvey and I aren't the greatest friends. I've never even liked him. He has a sense of humor, though. I love a good show. But the fact he thinks he is the boss of me, because he is Jim's partner, nags on me.

No one likes a bossy partner! That's all he is, and that's all he ever will be. Partner. Never my parent.

It gives me the chills, just thinking about it!

"Watch it, missy." Jim chuckles.

I look up from my feet, and i connect our eyes.

"Jimbo!" I say as i hug him.

He's the only type of person that can make me smile ever since my dad died.

He got shot when i was about 9 years old. I wasn't over it for 2 years. I'm 15 now.

I changed alot. I'm not the pretty little sweet girl you see sitting on a bench playing with her dolly. I'm the one who is quiet, and doesn't like talking to people unless i have to.

Ever since my dad died, i hated everything. Nothing is ever going to change that.

"Where's Harvey?" Jim asked.

I roll my eyes, and i cross my arms at the thought of him "talking" to my mother.

"With mom." I sigh.

He gave me a look to tell me he's not liking the fact either.

"I can't blame you." He said.

"Yeah tell me about it." I grin.

I lean on the car, as we wait for Harvey. He's been in there for about 2 minutes, when all he has to say is "We're leaving now." But of course, he has to add more.

You know how adults are.

"Finally." Jim says, as Harvey walks out of the door.

"You got a little..somethin." I chuckled, while eyeing Harvey's chin.

Smeared lipstick. My mom's favorite kind, too.

Jim holds in a laugh, while i hold in my vomit.

"Let's go." Harvey says wiping his chin, trying to change the subject.

That's when me and Jim burst into laughter. Too classic.

*Time Skip*

"Y/N!" Lee squeals when she sees me in sight.

She's pretty annoying at times, but since she is Jim's new girlfriend, i have to put up with her. I can't leave her hanging or Jim might emd up hating me.

"Hey Lee!" I say quite cheerful.

She gives me a tight hug, and then looks at me again.

"You've gotten so big!" She points out.

"I've noticed." I murmered.

We talked for a few minutes until Jim called me up. Thank goodness. I was getting highly annoyed, and i had to escape really quickly or i would've blown.

"Yes Jimbo?" I smirk while poking my head into the doorway.

"I'm heading out. I need you to go with a friend of mine," Jim explained. "I won't take long, i promise."

"But you said today was our day." I say.

"I know that, but this is important." He replied.

"And I'm not?" I question.

He doesn't reply. He just looks down, and rubs his neck.

"Whatever." I roll my eyes, and walk out of his office.

Geeze. My own mom doesn't even care about me, it's great to know he doesn't either.

I'm in the hallway just leaning on the wall with my arms crossed, until he walks out.

"Y/N I'm really sorry i have to leave. You are important to me, but there's a case i have to work on." Jim explained.

I hesitantly speak again. I really don't want to though.

"Just take me to your friend." I sigh.