Protect the Bridge Builder

The mission for today for Team 7 was to retrieve someone's pet. A D-rank mission to be most precise. None of them were really excited about this mission, but they had to do it anyway. Team 7 got into their positions to capture the pet. Sasuke and Sakura were behind the bushes of where they got perfect visual of their target: a cat. Kagome and Naruto were somewhere else at the time because they had their own plan. Sakura shot towards the cat. She grabbed onto the cat's legs just before it could enter the bushes.

"Got ya!" Sakura said, smiling. But then her smile disappeared when the cat glared at her. It turned around with a glare in its feline eyes and rewarded her with scratches. Sakura let go of the cat in order to stop receiving more scratches. Then the cat took off. Sakura was clutching her face, whining about the cat that 'ruined her beautiful face'. Sasuke sighed when he saw her mental state. He couldn't believe he had her for a teammate.

Haruno is a hopeless case, huh Naruto-kun? Kagome thought, sighing as she heard Sakura's cry. Then Naruto sighed as well.

I have to agree with you on that one, Kagome-chan. Naruto thought. Kagome and Naruto were in a different position not far from Sasuke and Sakura. They heard rustling and a cat appeared in the clearing. It spotted the fried fish on a stick that was standing in the ground. It walked over and started eating the fish that Kagome and Naruto had left out for bait. The cat looked up at Kagome and walked over to her and jumped into her arms. Kirara started to hiss with jealousy as she sat on Naruto's right shoulder, glaring at the cat who was receiving Kagome's attention.

"Don't worry, Kirara. You're still my favorite cat." Kagome said as she pet the cat who was purring at the gentleness of Kagome's fingers. Kirara mewed in happiness, the glaring look gone.

"Before you give the cat anymore comfort, did you find a bow on its left ear?" Kakashi asked through the microphone.

"Hai, found it." Naruto said, spotting the dark pink ribbon on the cat's ear.

"Alright, mission complete. Tora, lost pet, has been found." Kakashi said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm starting to feel sorry for the cat. Kagome thought.

Me, too. Naruto thought. The both of them, even Kirara, sweat dropped as they watched the cat nearly being suffocated by its owner.

"The cat deserves to be suffocated after what it did to me." Sakura huffed while crossing her arms. Unfortunately no one heard her because the others stared and sweat dropped at the sight of the cat attempting to escape its owner tight grasp. The lady paid the Hokage and left afterwards. When the Hokage told them more of D-rank missions, Naruto finally snapped.

"I'm tired of all these chores! I want a real mission!" Naruto yelled.

This was going to happen sooner or later. Kagome, Sasuke, and Kakashi thought with a sweat drop on the back of their heads. On the other hand, Sakura thought he was being annoying.

"Naruto! You're still genin! You have no experience and you have to do D-rank missions until you can improve your skills!" Iruka said with a tick mark on the back of his head.

"How exactly are we supposed to do that if we keep taking all of these D-rank missions?" Kagome asked. Everyone looked at Kagome, surprised that she was agreeing with Naruto.

"Not to be rude or anything, we won't be able to improve if we continue doing these missions. In order to do that, we need a chance to show our sensei of what we're capable of. Right, Naruto-kun?" Kagome asked as she turned to Naruto. He nodded.