Friends and Ramen

A/N: I'm skipping the written exam because it's too boring

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That was one hard test." Kagome sighed in relief.

"I'll say. I thought that we would fail for sure." Naruto said as he stretched his arms out.

"Kagome!"

Team Seven looked behind them and saw Kohaku running towards them.

"Kohaku." Kagome said as Kohaku stopped in front of her.

"Glad that we finally pass the first exam?" Kohaku asked.

"Hai, although that Anko woman seemed really strange to me." Kagome said.

"I agree with you fully on that, Kagome." Kohaku said, "Hey, would you mind taking a walk with me? I haven't seen the rest of the village, would mind giving me a tour?" Kohaku scratched the back of his head nervously.

"Sure, I would love to." Kagome said with a closed eye smile. At that moment, Sasuke stiffened at Kagome's words.

She's willing to be in his presence?! Sasuke thought with comical shock. He knew that the boy in front of them was Kumo shinobi. He didn't really trust him to be near Kagome. But somehow, Kagome was comfortable with him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So, you've been training really hard for a long time, right?" Kagome asked.

"Hai, I know that I failed to protect someone once. But I promised myself that I won't fail again." Kohaku declared with determination.

"That's a great goal to have, Kohaku." Kagome smiled.

"Thank you, Kagome." Kohaku smiled back.

"So where did you find Isamu?" Kagome gazed at the two tailed cat that sat on Kohaku's shoulder.

"On one of my missions. He instantly got attached to me." Kohaku petted Isamu who began purring.

"I can see that." Kagome commented as she pet Kirara who also began to purr as well, "By the way, are you training with Shippo?"

"Hai, how did you know that?" Kohaku asked.

"Well, I visited Sesshomaru-sama and Sōten-sama told me that you were one of his summoners." Kagome replied.

"I found the contract when I was nine and I've training with them ever since." Kohaku said.

"I've trained with them just as much, too." Kagome said, "But it's kind of hard to when the village isn't so friendly with yōkai. Especially with kitsunes."

"Sorry." Kohaku said with a sad smile, "I'm sure that Shippo-sama is glad to train with you."

"Hai, you should have seen the face he had when he saw me again after coming into this world." Kagome smiled.

"I can almost imagine." Kohaku said.

"Hey, have you ever had ramen?" Kagome asked.

"I know that this might sound odd, but no." Kohaku said.

"Really? Well, I'll take you to the best ramen shop in all of Konoha!" Kagome grabbed Kohaku's hand and lead him to the Ichiraku's.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What the two didn't know was that Kohaku and Kagome's team stood behind the fences and watched them walk down the streets.

"Kagome is so lucky. She always gets the guys." Sakura whined.