Battle At The Bridge

The Next Morning:

"Take good care of Naruto for us." Kakashi said in front of Tazuna, Sasuke, and Sakura.

"Don't worry, we will." Tsunami said as Kagome stood next to her. After Kagome had talked with Inari, Kagome started to feel confident that they'll be able to help Tazuna finish the bridge. They wanted to bring Naruto with them, but he was still tired from training with Sasuke. Kagome decided to stay behind in case anything occurs.

"Are you still too weak to join us, Kagome-chan?" Sakura asked, smugly.

"How big of an idiot are you, Haruno?" Kagome asked.

"Eh?" Sakura asked, stiffened after being called an 'idiot'.

"If Tazuna-san is being targeted, so is his family. They could send someone after them." Kagome said.

"She is right, Haruno." Kakashi said.

"Besides, I have a feeling Naruto-kun will wake up and try to do something reckless." Kagome said, "So don't worry about us."

"Please, protect my family, Kagome-chan." Tazuna said.

"Don't worry, I will, Tazuna-san." Kagome said, smiling softly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile:

Gatō sat on his couch with a phone in his left hand since his other hand was bandaged along with his arm. He was growing impatient about Zabuza's job. He hired him to simply to get rid of the bridge builder. What he didn't expect is that the group of ninjas were able to injure him and he had to wait for him to recover. But the bridge is nearly finished! Why is it that Zabuza is taking so long to recover?!

"What is taking you so long?! You know you have a job to do!" Gatō yelled into the phone.

On the other line, a male figure with spiky dark brown hair and brown eyes frowned and crushed the phone in his hand. He really hated his employer. But he was paying him good money for the death of a bridge builder. He didn't expect to run into a genin group that had a powerful genin who nearly defeated him in battle. He had to admit that she is strong for someone her age. It just made things interesting now.

"Haku, are you ready?" The man asked as he turned towards a boy who looked about fifteen and had brown eyes with long black hair that was gathered in a white bun holder, while two locks of his hair fell loose framing his face that were bound with metal hair cuffs at the ends.

"Hai, Zabuza-san." Haku said.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back at Tazuna's house:

Kagome heard Naruto's footsteps coming down the stairs as she helped clean the dishes from breakfast. She knew that he would wake up sooner or later after the group had left with Tazuna to go to the bridge. She also knew that he would not be happy about being left behind as well.

"WHY DIDN'T ANYONE WAKE ME UP?!" Naruto exclaimed, appearing on the last step of the stairs. He was still wearing his pajamas and sleep cap on.

"Good morning, Naruto-kun. How did you sleep?" Kagome asked, smiling at Naruto.

"Actually, I slept pretty good." Naruto said, blinking.

"That's good. I was hoping that you would stay here with me." Kagome said.

"Why?" Naruto asked.

"Naruto-kun, if Tazuna is being targeted, that also means that his family is too." Kagome said.